How to remove injectors?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
infiniGTR

How to remove injectors?

Post by infiniGTR »

How do you remove the fuel injectors from the fuel rails? I am going to have the fuel injectors from my KL-ZE cleaned, but I can't get the injectors out of the rail. I am afraid I will damage them if I pry up too hard with a screw driver. I have the rails removed and the top cover off of the rails, I just can't get the injectors out. What am I missing?
2003 Subaru WRX
infiniGTR

Re: How to remove injectors?

Post by infiniGTR »

Anybody?
2003 Subaru WRX
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

yah, they are hard to remove. i ended up prying them a little as well as turning them at the same time, they will hit a spot where the ring will let go and pop out. make sure you dont break any of the tabs, plastci is abit brittle. take your time and you'll be fine.
1993 White gs klze.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Thats what I did also. put a little tention on the injector. *not to much* then turn left and right and it will slowly come out.. when you reinstall get new o-rings or atleast put some o-ring lub on them.. this will help them from cracking and swelling.
infiniGTR

Post by infiniGTR »

I never could get the injectors out by prying with a screw driver. Not without marring up the plastic on top. I opted to try out a medium size pair of pliers. Those worked just fine. I just adjusted the pliers as big as they would go, gripped tight then pulled up/twisted and they came right out without damaging them! So, for future reference, pliers are the way to go! Just take your time and use caution!
2003 Subaru WRX
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Its funny this came up since I was in this situation this weekend!

Was trying to get mine out to send the rail out to get machined for using 300Z injectors but couldnt get those things out!

Well, I had a can of WD40 and flipped the rail over and squirted a bit along side the injector. I think that Oring gets a bit dry and stuck to the inside of the rail. I then used a channel lock pliers with a cloth shop towel to protect the injector and wiggled it back and forth. (I had the rail in a vise on my table to hold it steady, just dont crush it!) Having the rail upside down keeps the WD inside with the injector and it seems to work down along the side as I wiggled it. One thing to note, not to rotate TOO far just incase the oring is really stuck to the side of the wall and it might hurt it.

After I wiggled it back and forth a few times they popped right out.

Would be really nice if these had like a SCREW in the top of them or something so that a puller could be designed. (just my opinion)

Hope this helps.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”