Interesting Problem

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
m0rpheus666

Interesting Problem

Post by m0rpheus666 »

My suspension has been acting a bit strange lately. I have noticed if the roads are pretty wet out if i am driving above 30mph and i hit a wet spot on the road my car feels like its going to lose control. It feels like its coming from the rear end too. What would cause such an issue? The tires are fine so i know its not them, what could be wrong with the suspension that would cause something like this.
mx3autozam

Re: Interesting Problem

Post by mx3autozam »

hmmz..are the lug nuts loose?? maybe you need an alignment. What suspension are you running? stock??
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Mine did the same, but not under 60. I think it's because the wheels are wide, and the back is so light. It seems like the passive all wheel steering had something to do with it, like when the wheels would grab, again, the aws would give a little, making it feel like it was still sliding. My tires were worn, though. If the roads are like they are here, they have slight grooves where people typically drive, and the wheels wear the road. I always drive off center, and stay out of the grooves. It's ALOT quieter, and drier in the rain. It slightly improves gas milage, too.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
m0rpheus666

Post by m0rpheus666 »

Its all stock suspension and recommended tire size
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Recommend getting a 4-wheel alignment check. My MX-6 behaved that way, only on wet pavement and then it was scary-bad handling. Turned out it needed an alignment was all.
Image -Jim

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”