Spy Shot : US Spec 2009 Mazda6

A forum to discuss Future Mazda Models. Please keep the posts in this forumto Mazda models ONLY. Not other manufacturers models.
DJPRO

Spy Shot : US Spec 2009 Mazda6

Post by DJPRO »

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/28/spy- ... ew-curves/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
solo_ryder

Re: Spy Shot : US Spec 2009 Mazda6

Post by solo_ryder »

Looks like a SUV in the front haha. But its a v6 by the looks of it! Cool 8)
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah its kinda funky looking. I think I like the old 6 better. Thats just me :freak:
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I agree :)
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah Barry I kinda figured you would. LOL.. My g/f's parents have a black mazdaspeed 6, Very fun to drive. Great car. I would like to see this new on in person. Kinda has a bit of a rx8 look to it.
Princess*Precidia

Post by Princess*Precidia »

dont like the front,
kinda weak
*Maya
1993 Honda Del Sol Si 1.6 Vtec
1993 Mx-3 RS, Fresh Black Paint, Black Altezzas, K&N Air Filter
1995 Mx-3 RS - RIP
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Princess*Precidia wrote:dont like the front,
kinda weak
Yeah I agree. I wonder hyw they changed the look of the old 6. Like the back shot though. Smooth lines.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MAZDA ANNOUNCES 2009 MAZDA6

(Richmond Hill, ON - April 25, 2008): Mazda Canada Inc. today confirmed that its all-new Mazda6 sports sedan will launch later this year, with an expected on-sale date in late summer, 2008. The highly anticipated 2009 Mazda6 is the first of Mazda’s “Zoom-Zoom Evolution” second-generation vehicles. Building on a heritage of sports sedans and sports cars that no other manufacturer can boast, the second-generation Mazda6 delivers a combination of sophistication, build quality and product insight not currently found in the market.

“This is a very important vehicle for Mazda Canada because the sales potential is so great,” said Don Romano, president of Mazda Canada Inc., from Denver, where the car was unveiled to Mazda dealers a day earlier at the company’s North American Dealer Meeting. “The midsize sedan segment – where Mazda6 competes – is a real battleground, with some of the best vehicles in the industry going toe-to-toe for sales. This new Mazda6 was designed and engineered specifically for the North American market – the third Mazda in a row to be so – and will take on the very best cars from Asia, Europe and North America.”

Following on the heels of the CX-7 and CX-9 crossover SUVs, the 2009 Mazda6 was designed and engineered with the needs, wants and desires of the North American customer. As it has been since the first Mazda6 was launched, all North American Mazda6s will continue to be built at AutoAlliance International, in Flat Rock, Michigan.

The North American Mazda6 differs from the similarly named car sold in the rest of the world in many ways: larger interior and exterior size, more powerful engines, and unique styling. What it retains, however, is something that earned the first Mazda6 more than 130 international awards and accolades, including “2004 Best New Family Vehicle” from the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada: it delivers Zoom-Zoom, and in large doses.

Power for the 2009 Mazda6 will be available from an all-new Mazda-designed and developed MZR 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and a 3.7-liter V6 as used in the 2008 CX-9, Motor Trend’s 2008 Sport/Utility of the Year and the 2008 North American Truck of the Year. Transmission choices are a six-speed manual or five-speed Sport AT automatic with manual-shift mode (2.5-liter engine), or a six-speed Sport AT automatic with manual-shift mode (3.7-liter V6).

Suspension will be all-independent, with four-wheel disc brakes and standard ABS. As with every Mazda, balance, dynamics, and on-road feel – coupled with unparalleled reductions in road noise and vibrations – will set the Mazda6 apart from its competition.

The 2009 Mazda6 will be available only as a four-door sedan. Both the I4 and V6 will be available in GS or GT trim grades, with varying levels of standard and optional equipment.

More information on the all-new 2009 Mazda6 sports sedan will be available closer to launch, including specifics on engine output, trim levels, equipment, and pricing.

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

ugh that's horrible :cry:
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

first 6 was the best :shrug:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Look here... http://www.autoblog.com/tag/Mazda6/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it's much better in blue and there are a couple shots next to the current 6.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

I love the red one!! Anyway I was driving new 6 not that long ago and I must say it is perfect! Suspension, quiet interior, good engine, room inside.. nice shape. I'd like to have one. :) After CX-9 :D
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I'm holding out for a Speed6 in 2010.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I washed and drove around my first 09 6 last saturday (The canadian one, and I'm a washboy) and I must say... I, personally, think it looks like a cross between the new camry and civic from the outside, but the interior and the driving is very nice.... I like the subtle touches like the windsheild nozzle sprayers are mounted in the cowl, not the hood, the stock valves on the tires are silver instead of black, and there were quite a few other things....oh, and it looks rediculous without the foglights.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
jhonnymarsh
antispam: No

Post by jhonnymarsh »

The North American Mazda6 differs from the similarly named car sold in the rest of the world in many ways: larger interior and exterior size, more powerful engines, and unique styling. What it retains, however, is something that earned the first Mazda6 more than 130 international awards and accolades, including “2004 Best New Family Vehicle” from the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada: it delivers Zoom-Zoom, and in large doses.

Return to “Future Mazda Models”