[WTB] Liquid Polyurethane Kit

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
marcdh

[WTB] Liquid Polyurethane Kit

Post by marcdh »

Sourcing liquid polyurethane for engine mount filling is proving very tricky in the UK. McMaster will not ship to UK. So if anyone can sell some directly to me or buy it on my behalf I'll give you $10 or something :lol: Alternatively if anyone has some links to places that might ship to UK let me know.

Thanks,
Marc
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mx3autozam

Re: [WTB] Liquid Polyurethane Kit

Post by mx3autozam »

Its even hard to find this stuff in Canada, No one will ship it here either. have you maybe considered AWR motor mounts? I nwonder if they will ship to you!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

They will ship to me... at the cost of $150 :lol: the shipping is nearly as dear as the mounts. Not sure what I'll do now. Liquid nails?!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

PPL in Canada do not really know, but mcmaster carr is not the only company that makes such a common product like liquid poly uranthane. See if this site ships to you:

http://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AGIPort ... lexane+1lb

Acklands Grainger. I have bought from them 3 times and they are all over Canada. If they cannot ship to you, I can help you as the place is 1 minute from my work. Its about 75$ Canadian for a 1lb kit of Devcon 95A durometer liquid urathane (enough to do 4 mounts, there is also 80A stuff but I recommend 95A).

I also have about half a kit (if you are doing 2 mounts) that I can sell you for cheaper and I have that at my house. PM me if you are interested. I have half a kit as I only filled one mount this year as my front mount was good, my rear got messed up because the nut fell off the pin and it wreccked the mount bad over a year.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Can you source , windshield adhesive polyurethane , such as 3M window weld or a similar product ,
Thats what I used , it sticks well , cures pretty hard , and seems like a durable cost effective way to fill your mounts. I know other people have used it as well , and they have the same results that I have had ,
I hope I helped-
Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

MazdaManiacMx3 wrote:Can you source , windshield adhesive polyurethane , such as 3M window weld or a similar product ,
Thats what I used , it sticks well , cures pretty hard , and seems like a durable cost effective way to fill your mounts. I know other people have used it as well , and they have the same results that I have had ,
I hope I helped-
Kris
I can vouch for this Ive used windown weld in my new motor mounts, nice and solid and the tube i think cost me 10$
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”