Fenders

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cabriolet

Fenders

Post by cabriolet »

Hey guys this is a question on fender removal...can somebody gimme a quick heads up or a little walkthrough on the bolts I need to take off for removing fenders? thanks :D
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
93MX3KLZE-T

Re: Fenders

Post by 93MX3KLZE-T »

I believe there is two bolts on the bottom of the fender and about 5-6 on the top of the fender. It shouldn't take you more than 20 min- 30 min to get the fender off.

Jeremy
93 MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, T304E ***SOLD***
221.9 whp 219.0 wtq @ 5 psi untuned
13.4 @ 108 mph
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

I just took mine off and there were two on the bottom. Two or three on the top along the side where the edge of the hood sets over. Also you'll have to open your doors cause there's one in there. And there's also another one or two behind the front bumper.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

check out the online manual if you want a detailed overview... but like the others have said:

one behind the headlight, one behind the marker light in the bumper, 3 along the top edge of the fender, 1 you can get to near the top inside of the fender (you have to open the door), one you can get to from the wheel well near the middle of the fender by the door, and I believe 2 under the bottom of the fender by the door. :D

I have found it easier to just remove the inner wheel well plastic and wheel while you do this.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Three on the top. Two behind the front bumper. Open the door and there is on on the upper corner and youll have to undo all the ones holding the splash gaurd in and then reach behind it and losen the alignment on in the center back by the door. Cant get to it any other way than reaching in from behind the wheel and through where the splash gaurd is. And lastly two on the bottom under the car. I could probably tell you the size wrench you need for each as well Ive done it so many times.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved to Appearance.
cabriolet

Post by cabriolet »

Thanks! :D
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders

Return to “Appearance”