bpt mystery wires?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
nobodyhere671

bpt mystery wires?

Post by nobodyhere671 »

im doing the gtx swap, and im using the sohc wiring harness, and there are a couple plugs/wires that i cannot figure out where to put.
inferno94

Re: bpt mystery wires?

Post by inferno94 »

I don't know how to use the sohc harness (I bought my bpt with an uncut harness), but that middle black thing is your boost sensor and increases the injector pulse when under boost. So not hooking it up WILL result in boom.

Look and see what others have done. I know others have converted a soch harness into a dohc one by adding wires and others turn a dohc one into a turbo one by adding wires but I don't know how.

BTW that boost sensor breaks easy and is expensive to replace (it's part# FE70 18 741A "3 way valve" if you need a new one)

The other two wires I'm not sure as I can't see enough but the top one might go to the trans.
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

that White plug sensor looks like it appears it should plug into a sensor that is right by the Thermostat housing area on the front of the engine..
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
nobodyhere671

Post by nobodyhere671 »

would it work if i took the wires coming out of the boost sensor and matched them to the same colored wires in the harness?
nobodyhere671

Post by nobodyhere671 »

can't anyone help?.. there has to be someone who has run into this before
inferno94

Post by inferno94 »

nobodyhere671 wrote:would it work if i took the wires coming out of the boost sensor and matched them to the same colored wires in the harness?

Your on your own there the NA harness doesn't have the wires in it for the boosted specific parts.

You do have a gtx ecu right? Does it have the cut harness stubs? If so you could match the boost sensor wires to the ones on the proper ecu harness then hook up all the other wires (using a couple wiring diagrams) to the bpt harness stub, just a thought.
mazdachad

Post by mazdachad »

I used a protege lx wiring harness for my bpt swap ill take a look today and let you know how i have it connected. Franko has used the sohc so you might want to get in touch with him. The protege lx harness bolts in pretty easy just need to swap the injector harness from an NA bp as well as the tps(i just swapped throttle bodies) and just buy a new 2 wire o2 sensor.
94 green rs
92 black gs project bpt. daily driven bpt in a gs...lovin the boost
nobodyhere671

Post by nobodyhere671 »

how much splicing was involved using the lx harness?, cause if that would make it any easier i'll just go get one from the junkyard
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

1st pic looks like the plug that goes to the oxegen sensor.

2nd pic -> no idea

3rd pic -> a temperature sensor (on the sohc it's on the top of the intake manifold plenom, on the DOHC BP it's on the drivers side)
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”