engine stalls when put in gear???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MazdaMan85

engine stalls when put in gear???

Post by MazdaMan85 »

Ok I have posted something similar but no true answer. And now different cenario. Now I was having issues with it stalling when reving it and driving it. That turned out to a the ignition mod. I did the mod for the external ignition module and it runs smooth. But that didn't fix the stalling when put it gear. Its an automatic by the way. And it stalls when coming to a stop, and when it shifts it feels as if it where a standard and you ride the clutch through out you shift. Someone suggested it was the lockup soleniod. How do I fix that or disable it. There should be a plug or something right? help please
MazdaMan85

Re: engine stalls when put in gear???

Post by MazdaMan85 »

anyone?????
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

start with a fluid/filter change.....
Most probably the lockup solenoid is toast - which means you will have to rebuild or replace the tranny.
MazdaMan85

Post by MazdaMan85 »

thanks for the reply but isn't there a way to just disconnect the wires that go to the lock up?? If so where is it and what color wire??
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

It may not be a problem with the TCU holding up the lockup solenoid - the solenoid itself might be physically stuck due to metal shavings. You can go through the manual and figure out which wire goes where...
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php?f ... 0Manual/K/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also check if there are any codes stored in the transmission computer by jumping pins GND->TAT in the diagnostic box.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”