MX3 Clutch Reviews??

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
zzzoomx3

MX3 Clutch Reviews??

Post by zzzoomx3 »

ok guys i'm about to buy a new clutch to include in my KLZE swap and i'm looking at these 4:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RACIN ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-94 ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Centerfo ... 18Q2el1247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-STAG ... 18Q2el1247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is anyone familiar with them?
Smith18

Re: MX3 Clutch Reviews??

Post by Smith18 »

I have the Centerforce Duel Friction and she grabs like crazy!, a lot of people have this clutch to and they will tell you that you cant go wrong for that price. Those cheap ones wont even work with the KLZE it will slip badly!.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

right on - thank you - yeah - the centerforce is more than i wanted to spend but i agree it will be worth it in the long run. i knew a guy that put one in his honda and he just couldnt shut up about how great it was! :P
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

The ebay one.. its good for n/a I pulled it out this weekend from my car and the disks are still there but they are like mirrors.. it had no grip anymore.. i would suggest an organic, maybe act or clutch masters. Dont bother with the first link.

here is the ebay one.. its not that worn out.. it has alot of surface to it still.. wow and after turbo.. however it would slip under boost. Look at the fidanza surface, thats what took the wear. The pressure plate doesnt have much wear.. its just polished.. wow.. lol

-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

anyone have any thoughts on the XTR? i was about to buy the dual friction from centerforce - but i saw this one - i need to buy a clutch tonight - to make sure i will get it by next weekend - so speedy replies are appreciated

thanks
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

well if money isn't the problem make sure to buy an upgraded clutch... you will be thankful in a couple thousand miles...

Going by the price of that XTD it doesn't seem to promising.... It might save you a couple bucks now but you wouldn't want to be changing it in a couple thousand miles again would you...

ClutchMaster or CenterForce would be my two picks...

oh yeah and if your getting a clutch get one for a MX-6, they have a bigger pressure plate then the MX-3's and they are the same fit...
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thanks - i was just looking at the clutchmaster when i saw your post. :P - i liked the centerforce because it was dual friction, but didnt come with a throwout bearing.

this clutchmaster ad says alot of great things and comes with a throwout bearing so thats a plus - i wonder how it compares to the centerforce though. any idea?

i was wanting to keep it around 200-250 - getting as many parts as possible with the kit

they have a stage 3 XTD for 350 and a stage 2 for 135 - ugh - this is getting all too confusing - i hate having this many choices sometimes. but definitely cant confuse the XTD with the XTR! the XTR seems to be the 'cheapy' kind

found this post on the web about XTD:

so now its down to the exedy OEM replacement MX6 clutch or the centerforce or an ACT
heres a listof the ones i found on ebay
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

well - i've settled it and got the F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit.

there done! moving on! :D
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

I have had the Clutchmasters Stage 1 with a klze for a number of years, driven hard and still working fine. Purchased from RR Racing I think it was.
Ran a best of 14.385.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I've got the F1 Racing stage 3 clutch on my DE, and it runs fine. I use it for daily driving, I'm not a racer.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “Transmissions”