Transmission leaking from the back of the bell housing?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
hgallegos915

Transmission leaking from the back of the bell housing?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey whats this?!!! theres oil leaking from where the bell hoising connects to the transmission.. i have both engine and tranny out to inspect everything.. is there a special gasket for this?? gasket maker timr? any input?

mx3 gs 5 speed.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Re: Transmission leaking from the back of the bell housing?

Post by mx3autozam »

Its held together with rtv silicone sealant. Pull ita part and re-seal it up

Check this link for a how to on taking the tranny apart
http://www.imazda.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
elliottferrell

Re: Transmission leaking from the back of the bell housing?

Post by elliottferrell »

while you've got it out. you might as well replace the rear-main seal.... its only like 20 bucks at an auto store... if that doesn't fix everything.. also consider re-doing your oil pan too. the oil pan uses like rtv silcon sealant which is pretty inexpensive as well.. hope your project gets back on the road..
93 Special Edition MX-3, 17-inch enkel rims, Infinity 6x9's custom in back armrests, cold-air, and of course some killer paint chips...
91 Mitsu 3000GT VR-4, Borla exhaust, Kenwood 7inch, Eagle F-1 rubbers.. Sunday Driving only....
85 Jeep CJ7, stroked 258... 3 inch life with 33's... all the goodies to get muddy.... and i get to ride "topless"

Return to “Transmissions”