New breaks and suspension

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Epic

New breaks and suspension

Post by Epic »

Hi, I have bought a CorkSport SS Brake Line Kit, and Im probably gonna buy the KVR discs from Cork. But before I ordered I was wondering if anyone had some experience with theese, and if I should buy cross drilled or slotted? And also what is CAD plating and do I need it? :D

I was also thinking about buying the front and rear suspension kit.

Im basicaly fishing for info about the products and if there are other places I shoul be checking out before I buy anything.

Thanks.
MX-3 1.8V6 -92
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: New breaks and suspension

Post by Mooneggs »

unless you are doing some serious autocross you don't need slotted rotors... cross drilled rotors do you no good - they are just for looks...

so basically just get regular blanks - they work just fine on the mx-3, and maybe spend a little more on your pads depending what type of driving you will be doing.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: New breaks and suspension

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah I agree with mooneggs... I just like the look of them behind a nice set of rims... This could be just me, but it seems to leave less break dust on the rim itself then the ragular rotors.... stainless lines are a great upgrade.. something I got to get around to.

Cad "Cadmium" plating is a process that is done to rotors .. well applied to any type of metal to help it from rust/oxidation/blemishing and so on.. I do belive newer rotors get a zink coating that is supposed to last longer....

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”