KL-DE needs to run on an OEM KL-08 computer HOW?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92gsrtwinturbo

KL-DE needs to run on an OEM KL-08 computer HOW?

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

Like the topic says I am in need of some advice, I have a Mx-3 Auto that has a 2.5L-DE in it,
The stock k8 ecu has a section in the computer for the Transmission,(or so I thought)
The auto is not responding right to the ecu for the 2.5l probe (due to the fact of not controling the trans)
I would like some info about how to run this setup. just until I swap a manual in or I sell it. :roll: (only to suggest a manual installation )

thanks for any input,
Jesse :D
1992blazeredgs

Re: KL-DE needs to run on an OEM KL-08 computer HOW?

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I think your best option would be to get a new ecu from a junk yard. It shouldnt be that hard to find a klde with an auto tranny, and just take the ecu from it.

Also can you explain your systems of the tranny not operating correctly? I have only heard terrible things about the auto tranny, and perhaps it is just having trouble dealing with the torque of the kl.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

1992blazeredgs wrote:I think your best option would be to get a new ecu from a junk yard. It shouldnt be that hard to find a klde with an auto tranny, and just take the ecu from it.

Nate
Your stock ecu from the car with your je50 vaf should run everything... if not you can try the junkyard klde ecu from a auto car along with the proper MAF to go along with it.. the gs auto trany wont last to long with the 160ft/tq though of a klde though...
Also can you explain your systems of the tranny not operating correctly? I have only heard terrible things about the auto tranny, and perhaps it is just having trouble dealing with the torque of the kl.

Nate
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

I know it wont last long, Its just that the car needs to be driven for awhile so I can work on some other projects,
this car is for sale, but I may end up keeping it if its still around after a while. And installing a MTX

thanks for the info 8)
Jesse
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

The ECU doe snot control the auto trans. I believe there is another computer somewhere. I am not sure where because I don't have an auto so I have never looked into it. Are you sure you have all the stiff plugged in correctly for the auto tranny?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

The K8 tranny is controlled by a seperate TCU (located under the ashtray), unfortunately this makes it incompatable (not 100% of course) with KF/KL ecu's, these ecu's are designed to run the tranny without a seperate TCU.

However, this isn't the end of the world for you, you can either say 'F*%k it, ima swapping to manual!' or you can go back to the K8 ecu and correct the overfuelling problems with an AFC, or go for a chipped K8 ecu.

But, if you're wanting to swap to a manual in the near future you could probably get away with it as is, the tranny is in 'safe mode' :shrug:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

Aston Wards wrote:
However, this isn't the end of the world for you, you can either say 'F*%k it, ima swapping to manual!' or you can go back to the K8 ecu and correct the overfuelling problems with an AFC, or go for a chipped K8 ecu.
So your saying I will be over fueling the engine running the K8 ecu? wouldn't it be the opposite running lean?
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Nope, it reads it as an error and dumps fuel into the engine...., sort of a safety thing
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

Ahh :o

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”