Quick Starter Question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
exile84

Quick Starter Question

Post by exile84 »

My car died today, and when i turn the key, there is nothing, no clicks nothing. I think it may be the starter. I can push start it, but it will not start on its own. its a K8 with mtx swap. Will the starter from the atx interchange or no?? Thanks in advanced.
1992 Mx-3 GS. ATX to MTX swap. Integra short throw shifter, and CAI. HEI mod. Accell Canister. 3A racing muffler. Straight pipe.
ImageImageImage
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: Quick Starter Question

Post by Kirk95gs »

No, I do belive the a/t starter is diffrent then the manual. you can try to tap the side of the starter. not to hard of you will dent the caseing. Then try and turn the car over. If you dont have any luck with that pull your start of take it to a shop and have then test it to make sure. sometimes if the brushes are just worn down a bit you can get them replaced which is only 15$ or so.

Good luck.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

nope, the atx starter isn't compatible. I'm thinking perhaps it's your battery tho, with there being no clicks :shrug:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
exile84

Post by exile84 »

well, today didn't really have much time to mess with it, but i went out and tried to start it, and it clicked just a couple of times. As Aston said, I think it may be the battery. I am going to try another battery and will let you all know whats up. Thanks. ;)
1992 Mx-3 GS. ATX to MTX swap. Integra short throw shifter, and CAI. HEI mod. Accell Canister. 3A racing muffler. Straight pipe.
ImageImageImage
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Check the clutch lockout switch isn't fritzy...but probably battery.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
exile84

Post by exile84 »

Alright, went out today after the car had been sitting for like almost a full day, turned the key and she started???? The night she died, it was like 19 degrees. I think that the battery has just gone kaput... Put a new battery on her, and she is running like a champ. Thanks for all the help guys. If it weren't for you, I would be lost. :D This forum Rocks.
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”