EGR Valve Problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3-Life

EGR Valve Problem

Post by MX3-Life »

I took my 94 1.8L V6 into the mechanic today for a Scan and he said I need a new EGR Valve. If any1 has done removal and installation before a tip or 2 or even a guide would help alot... And if any1 has any pictures that would even be better.

Basicly my questions are...

Where is it on a 94?
Is it hard to remove and install?

Thanks...
cabriolet

Re: EGR Valve Problem

Post by cabriolet »

From diagnosis box I found that I have a EGR valve problem too!
I want to find out as well, still waiting to get my hands on a manual.
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
cabriolet

Post by cabriolet »

I like your kit
the paint looks great too
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

well a new egr is $$$ so if you can find a used one you might want to go that way. as for removal/installation... I'll give you a couple pointers.

If you jack the car up *use jack stands also* remove the egr line on the back exhaust manifold * make sure the car has been off for a while cause the exhuast will be very hot *. "you might need to use a lubricant to help turning the comprssion nut off " . Next follow the line up to the egr itself this can be done under the car or over the top of the engine. I found it easier under the car to losen the nut then went over the top of the engine to turn it off. Again it might be hard to get it off. Next disconect the harness to the egr then remove the two bolts that are attached. I think I removed one from the top side of the motor and the other under the car.

Hope this helps.

Kris.

ps. It might be easier yet if you take the collector pipe off so you can work around the exhaust manifold.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”