the 1992 mx-3 kl-ze with plug and rear bank issues...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dubspeed

the 1992 mx-3 kl-ze with plug and rear bank issues...

Post by dubspeed »

Here is a pic of the 92 mx-3 that i swapped the kl-ze into(with north american ecu)...notice the SE rims?...Although i have a set of new COOPER ST2 14" winter tires that ill be putting on the car for winter, if i get the car running b4 spring i should say... I have 1 of the leather seats in so far, no stereo yet either...gotta c whats up with the engine i guess first......I still have an untouched 2.5L kl-ze(kl-ze ecu) on a crate, never taken off of the crate yet(hopefulyy a future project), along with a blown 1.8L(1from the black 1992 car in the pic) and a running 1.8L on a crate also(from 93 SE)...So many parts, too much lazy...:)

Any replys on the rear bank acting up under load but idles great is much appreciated...

By dubspeed, shot with Canon PowerShot S3 IS at 2008-01-12
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: the 1992 mx-3 kl-ze with plug and rear bank issues...

Post by V8KOMX3 »

need more info what exactly is your problem?
Nice car pic byt he way.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

2 things, check your wires resistance and make sure theiy are in the right firing order.
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

The engine on the pic is a north american KL.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

IT HAS A NORTH AMERICAN INTAKE ON IT, BUT IS A KL-ZE...OR DO YOU SEE SOMETHING ELSE WHICH MAKES IT A NON KL-ZE?
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

I WROTE SOME THINGS ON THE OTHER POST, BUT I CAN TYPE IT AGAIN ON HERE...

THE ENGINE I PUT INTO THIS BLACK 92 MX3 WAS OUT OF MY 93 SE WHICH WAS WRITTEN OFF LAST YEAR...I SWAPPED EVERYTHING OVER, BUT CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATER HOSES GO NEAR THE TRANNY, RIGHT LOWER SIDE OF ENGINE + THE GREY PLUG, WHICH I WAS TOLD MIGHT BE THE EGR...IT HAS 2 OR 3 PINS(SEE PICS IN M OTHER POST), BUT CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE IT GOES... ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED...
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Which intake gaskets are you running, and why you've a KL IM on ?
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

when i bought the engine back in 01, the place i ordered the engine from threw in a North American 2.5l IM on the ctate, along with the KL-ZE IM that was on the engine from japan, and it was swapped way back in 01 when it was getting done in Winnipeg.... way back then, i mentioned the MX-3 group buy to JAPAN AUTO out of Toronto, and didnt even havta give an ENGINE CORE XCHANGE!! Anyone member this rom wayyyy back? Which IM is common to use on the KL-ZE?
I member if using the IM off the KL-ZE, the hood wont close due to lack of space and the brake booster hits with the kl-ze IM also....So it was swapped way back then and ran great for 6 straight years... thanks again for th help!
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

a KL IM on the car in the pic u mean? i got the IM free from Japan Auto...it was actually thru the MX-3/KL-ZE ENGINE BUY back in 2001...They had a spare IM kicking and he said he would throw it on the open crate for me at no xtra charge...Does anyone remember this "GROUP BUY"? There was no CORE CHARGE either...very kewl deal at the time...I remember him telling me the engines are stacked on the boats using old car-hoods and straw,then the engines, old car-hoods, straw, engines etc to get to Canada from Japan...Pretty kewl and or scary both at the same time...Anywho, What should i be running on there instead of what you see in the pic, or whats the more common kl-ze IM you guys seem to use?? Ive beenl ooking for an MS8 intake, which i know will give me like 8hp just from that little IM change...of the best mods to do for the price and ease... but they seem to have legs on them as when i get to the boneyard, there already gone :( I have an actual kl-ze IM on the other kl-ze engine in the backyard, still on its crate...a future project once another "blown engine mx-3" appears...or my son can make use of it when he starts driving in a few years possibly? That would be kewl if he got an mx-3 or 6 or pgt to suit the kl-ze...Either way, the best results would be hopefully i find an MS8 intake...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”