What is the wire under the i/m and water logs do?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
teribble

What is the wire under the i/m and water logs do?

Post by teribble »

I just got my klze and the wire that come's up from the water logs under the i/m has been cut. I don't really want to remove the water logs and replace the sensor. I don't even know what sensor it is. Does any one have any ideas? The wire looks shielded.
teribble

Re: What is the wire under the i/m and water logs do?

Post by teribble »

I think its the knock sensor? What will happen if i splice it?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

its a knock sensor. It wll throw a code if u cut it, and won't work. Mght not be an issue on a k8. But on a ZE it might if you don't use high octane fuel
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

why aret my replies coming trough,,. i had replied knock sensor like seconds after this thread was made... hmm
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Sorry to say but your best bet is to replace the whole sensor, otherwize you'll be messing around with trying to soldier the new plug on and it will come loose and you'll be doing it again, and again.... Is the engine in the engine bay already? if not its a little bit easier to replace.

You will need a 24mm deep socket and cut the side of it so you can fit the wire through it. Make sure you have this socket before trying to replace it or else you'll be pissed haha.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”