good speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
datmazdboi

good speakers

Post by datmazdboi »

Hey me again im looking 4 the some really good speakers that have good bass and good sound and that I don't have to custom fit it.
if u guy could make a few suggestions that would fantastic thanks alot
eyezpinned

Re: good speakers

Post by eyezpinned »

get some kind of a component set up with a crossover, then just yank your rear speakers all together. i have diamond hex 5 1/4's in my doors (you can get the 6 1/2's to fit your stock spots). i mounted the crossovers under the seats and the tweeters along the sides of the floor between the seats and the sides of the floor below the doors. these are competition level speakers, and when driven by a nice amp, sound absolutely incredible
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

for good quality sound and a full range i recommend MB quart
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
datmazdboi

Post by datmazdboi »

what exactly are crossovers again
also what about boston i heard their stuff sounds good
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

A crossover is a component of a stereo system that filters out certain types of sound. For example, a crossover for tweeters filters out lows and mids so only highs go to the tweeters, so they don't get damaged. Or for subwoofers, only let the lows get to the subs. There are different types, too. Passive crossovers, and active crossovers. Passive crossovers generally aren't powered, active crossovers generally are.
No more MX-3.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

I currently have a set of Alpine type X speakers, component set
They are VERY good quality. The bass isn't HUGE, but it's better than stock. Remember that those little 6.5's are meant to play mid bass, and I beleive that to have a truly balanced system you have to have tweeters, midrange, and subwoofer.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
matt753

Post by matt753 »

JL Audio makes some good stuff.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I would go with MB Quart if money is no object. But if your on a budget. On my Mx work car, I have Polk Audio in front, and Kenwoods in back. The Polks give a good crisp sound, with a mid that doesn't pop at high volume. And I choose the kenwoods for the rear, cause they give good high vocals. Both can be bought between $50-100.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

I have two 12" MXT Thunder subs in my trunk and they hit harder than most stuff around here(Dallas/Ft.Worth). They're 8 years old and only a month ago did the amp blow (the output went kapoot) and one of the subs is half-blown. MTX is a awesome company, and their competition stuff is mad stupid (if that makes sense). If you want I'll post a picture of the subs, they're very easy on the eyes.
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
hharb

Post by hharb »

Just a little advice.. don't worry about the BASS coming from your speakers, i've always set the bass to -12 or whatever on the speakers. you will have plenty of bass from your subs, much cleaner and louder than your speakers, so i would let my sub handle the BASS and the speakers handle everything else. and if you're looking for subs too, i'd definitely go with AudioBahn, they're the best subs ever and they look amazing too.
datmazdboi

Post by datmazdboi »

well i don't really want subs and i don't need heavy bass comin from my speakers i just want good sound from my speakers and for them to kick a
little too
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

honest opinion:

The speakers won't give you that "Bassy" feel you desire in the MX-3.
This is mostly due to it's location and carriage.
The bass "kick" you're wanting from the front speakers is dampened by the large amount of dead space between the door panels, as well as no insulation from road noise.

Get some high quality speakers. I hear Alpine has some great quality, I went with Polk MoMo's and love them.

Then go ahead and try your best to "seal off" the area round the speaker (hard to do with the window, I understand, but do what you can) and soundproof the mess out of your doors, paying close attention to the speaker area.

If you just get the speakers, they're going to sound good, sure, but you won't get that friendly kick. It's possible to do so without a sub, you just have to pay attention to detail. Just not dropping in speakers.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

hharb wrote: and if you're looking for subs too, i'd definitely go with AudioBahn, they're the best subs ever and they look amazing too.

WHAT?!!!!!!!!

The best subs ever made come from high end companies like Digital Designs, MbQuart, JL, Elemental Designs,Focal, even Apline makes better. AUDIOBAHN?! WHAT?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I have had Infinity and MTX in my mx3's and liked them both. MB quartz are nice to but they "ting" at higher volumes because they have a metallic voice coil (at least on the versions I have seen).

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”