Is the hobby bad? ?

Off-Topic Discussions
hgallegos915

Is the hobby bad? ?

Post by hgallegos915 »

So i get this chick --- at me that all i talk about all day is cars cars cars and cars. My myspace bulletins are all on cars cars and cars.

according to her its not healthy.. what are your guy's opinions?

should i just talk about sex then? maybe drugs?

do you guys feel she is being stupid? because i do too..

isnt cars equivalent to when we were kids. I have always loved cars since i can remember. I would line up my hotwheel cast cars and pretend they were in line for different events.

am i crazy?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

nah man your in the right..... seriously tho she cant ------ at you for talking about cars. screw them....
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

hahahahahaha

^^I get this too...I recently started trying to get other hobbies again because Im poor at the moment, and cant afford to upgrade things yet, and because I get ---- at often :)

Heh. Good stuff.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

yea the ex kept ----------- that id spend more time driving around or working on my car then i did with her..... well thats why shes the ex... :) so yea just stand up for yourself and dont change for anybody. thats my way of thinking now. you cant change me but i might be able to change you
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

This aint a hobby, it's a way of life. A man has gotta have pride in what he drives, and there is nothing wrong about wrenching, learning and teaching others.

My wife likes to =---- about it too... Anything that takes our attention away from them.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I think its not healthy if a man does not have a interest in cars. I would tell her to ------ off.

A few years ago I had a really hot girlfriend. She was perfect. But she did not have ANY interest in cars and hated me talking about them. I gave that ------ the boot out the door.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fatray

Post by fatray »

Whatever you like, she will ------ about. Thats how it goes, unless you are into shoe shopping.

When she moans that you are spending more time on the car than on her, tell her she's right - she should spend more time helping you.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

guys.. NO language please, rules..
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I think any hobby can be good as long as it isn't taking over other priorities that should be more important.

If you are married, I would say that your wife and family should be your first priority especially if you have kids. And like some others were saying if a girl isn't interested in your interests maybe you should get a different girlfriend because that's not good for the long run especially if you are not going to disown cars.

I love my cars and my GF tolerates them because I like them... but if she really really hated them I would have 2 choices. give up cars or give up her - plain and simple.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Anything that takes our attention away from them.

Bingo.. with the exception of a few, women cant stand not being the center of attention.. somehow its like the whole freakin sex has security issues. I had a friend that any time he sat down and tried to play a video game.. his wife would suddenly find something that she desperately needed help with. Was hilarious LOL Women are expensive and sometimes its pain and suffering that are the currency ;)

As for the hobby being too much... eh.. I dont think its unhealthy, but anything that becomes an obsession isnt good. Its pretty much like anything else.. as long as it doesnt rule your decisions at any given time.. no big deal. Your not choosing car parts over groceries are you? ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Tunes67 wrote:Your not choosing car parts over groceries are you? ;)
but they are parts for the international project - doesn't that count for something? Oh wait does that mean I am obsessed?? :D
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Tunes67 wrote: Your not choosing car parts over groceries are you? ;)

Tunes67
Hahah. Hmm this awesome looking turbo or maybe a months worth of food...maybe some gas money too....decisions decisions. lol.

Im actually a really luck guy. I met my GF and she talked about cars more than I did. She is completely in love with the RX-7 and rotaries in general and not cause she thinks the look "pretty". She actually bashes on most other girls about how they talk about cars. Its pretty funny to hear at times.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I have loved cars since I was like 5 yrs old. I love hanging out with the guys and talking and listening and learning about them.

But saying that...........if you are talking ALOT each day of cars OR working ALOT on your cars unless your job is a car mechanic...then she would be ticked off. In having a relationship it's a 2-way street..you have to think if she is complaining she may have a valid reason. There is more to everyday life and relationships then focusing on CARS! Or maybe you want the relationship YOUR way ... maybe you are just being selfish....perhaps?

For me in dating....there has been 1 or 2 guys that chit chatted about cars with me.................but most could not have cared less. With the suspension that I have on my car...........:laugh: alot of guys can't take it :laugh: which makes me smile. I guess they are too old to handle it...... :mrgreen:

DEB :wink:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

the girl sounds high matiance.......car hobbies are a good hobby you not hurting any one & in my opinion ur not street racing it keeps you ocupied & out of trouble....BUt its got to be a hobby...house & fam comes first...
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Off-Topic”