I broke my Main fuse off in it's socket

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
zombiechow

I broke my Main fuse off in it's socket

Post by zombiechow »

Ok i may be an idiot and I am thinking I did something really stupid by trying to remove the main fuse. The 80 in the fuse box. Anyway I tried to remove it by hand and it seemed tight so i used a pair of pliars and I broke the dang thing off. Now I can't get what's left out and of course can't start my car. Am I going to have to buy a whole new fuse box. Did i remove it wrong? Obviously wrong because I broke it but what is the correct way? I should have read up but I still can't find the proper way to remove it here or on google. I feel so stupid. Can anyone give me an idea of what I am going to have to do? Thanks guys.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

if i recall there is a bolt on each side holding the main cable to the fuse, pop all the clips off and the side will open to show them.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Yeah, you have to unscrew it from both sides.
zombiechow

Post by zombiechow »

ok...great i will try that...also are all the fuses tops supposed to be flush? My second 30 fuse from the top is sticking up a little and I can't remember if it was like that before all this happened. It seems to be all the way and there isn't anything stoping it.
zombiechow

Post by zombiechow »

hey thanks again. I got it running and it's working great. Replaced the neg. ground wire and gave it two new terminals and no more sparks. Also I think it was sparking because I had the door open..duh right? Anyway. Thanks for the help. Didn't know there where two bolts holding it in. All's well that ends well and as long as we learn from our mistakes it not really a mistake as much as a learning experience. :)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”