Brake Job

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Lookwuticando

Brake Job

Post by Lookwuticando »

Ok, so I had my front/rear brakes done recently. I took it back once because of a grinding noise in the rear drums when the brakes were applied, turns out there was a little rock stuck in there. So they got it out and it seemed fine for a little while.

But now I still hear noise again from back there when the pedal is pressed...they sound about like they did before I had the shoes replaced.
Like a Darth Vader breathing scrape sound.

Is this just normal for drum brakes to make some noise or what? Do I need to go back down there again to get it checked out again? Will these
fools ever get it right??
92 MX-3 RS
jason5151

Post by jason5151 »

what does the latest noise sound like?
1996 mx-3 black 1.8 v6
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Depends a lot on the brand of shoes and so on. If the drums are not new and were not turned properly, or not turned at all, they might make some noise as the shoes wear into them. New shoes on new drums may still be a little noisy while they wear in, especially if the shoes are the long life, sintered metal type.

I have some noise from my fronts too. I wouldn't be too concerned as long as the pedal feels good and it doesn't get worse.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

what does the latest noise sound like?
Not silent like I'd kind of expect from a new brake job :)
92 MX-3 RS

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”