kyb struts?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
chertel

kyb struts?

Post by chertel »

I need new rear struts but dont want to lower my car at all. Does anyone know if the kyb gr-2 gas struts from cork sport are a good replacement for the oem struts? They are only $77 each so not too expensive.
Thanx
Chris
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

KYB struts are what most suspension shops use for oem replacment... so no it wont lower your car...
chertel

Post by chertel »

Thank you I will order them since the canadian dollar is so high right now it shouldn't be to expensive except for the duty maybe. The last shop that I had my struts replaced at just went with used struts that only lasted a year but at the time I needed them and told them it was ok to go with used.
thanx
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

yeah gotta love getten parts in the US now... I opened a us post office box in maine .. its like 10min drive from work.. cost me 20$.. hah.. sweet.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Kyb gr-2 gas struts arnt bad at all. Ive got them in the back and in the front. They take about a week to "break in" and they feel just like stock.

Chertel, How bad are your rear struts? Mine were so bad that if u picked up the center piston and let it go it would just fall really fast and bottom out. Also if u help them upside down and moved the piston up and down liquid would come out lol. I was pretty much driving on my coil springs.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

yeah kyb's are not bad.. If I did imply that then i'm sorry... I had them on my first mx-3 for a couple years.. not issuess...
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I agree with everyone, they are a good quality strut. I have had them for almost 2 years with H&R springs and they can definatly take some abuse. If you are not lowering they will do you just fine.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I have them and I love them... especially for the price. Wouldn't Nopi online be cheaper? I'm not sure about shipping to canada but if you used the dicount code I think those struts are like $48.62 or something random...
cabriolet

Post by cabriolet »

do they ship to canada?
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Mooneggs wrote:I have them and I love them... especially for the price. Wouldn't Nopi online be cheaper? I'm not sure about shipping to canada but if you used the dicount code I think those struts are like $48.62 or something random...
Discount code???
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

why not get them off ebay? 205.xx cdn buy it now for all 4
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

May as well get the ZX2 Tokicos if you're getting all four. Same price.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i believe he doesnt want to lower the car and dont the tokico zx2 struts lower the car 1/4 inch?
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
cabriolet

Post by cabriolet »

Still its 250 bux for oem replacements
and not gaining anything....whats the discount code btw???
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

well I had started a nopi discount code thread here:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61728

but I have not gotten an email... by the looks of it maybe you can just change the 3 letter month before the code....

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”