IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN SALES WITH DANMYERS686

Off-Topic Discussions
Vanished

IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN SALES WITH DANMYERS686

Post by Vanished »

danmyers686 is/was parting an mx-3. Alot of you, and myself including, have paid for parts as well as the shipping, and have NOT received the items paid for.

I just had a lengthy conversation with him on msn, and here it is. Keep in mind he's very young, and is clearly having some problems, but it seems truthful. I'm not sure how quickly he will start on getting things shipped, and i am not certain if he will do it at all, but heres the jyst of it, and you can make your own decisions.

NOTE: yes, I edited my phone number out. Everything is the same. If you need to contact him, his msn is danmyers868@gmail.com

----------------------------------------------------------

Krauseler - 00000 CHRIS PETERS phone me! says:
hello there

686 Dan 686 says:
hey

hows it goin

686 Dan 686 says:
alright i guess

thats good

is there anyway i could phone you to talk to you?
686 Dan 686 says:
Its to late now, but tommorow you could
what time is it there?
686 Dan 686 says:
10:40pm
ah
i'm at 8:40
ya sure i can't talk to you, it won't be for very long
686 Dan 686 says:
yea parents are in bed and I need to be heading there myself
oh ok i understand
686 Dan 686 says:
Your the one i owe the caliper right?
well don't leave just yet, this is vanished from the mx-3.com forums
yup
686 Dan 686 says:
alright i can get another one from a mx-3 in crispin a local jy
686 Dan 686 says:
but i just recently got a job i start next week and i somehow gotta get gas money for the rest of this week and next
ok
686 Dan 686 says:
i shipped some stuff out today that i could
good job
686 Dan 686 says:
lol
Look, i don't want to be a prick, because I know what it's like when your selling stuff on the net, and people keep bugging you and your buisy in the real world
But people that are buying stuff on the internet are in the same boat, they're low on cash, they need to fix they're vehicles, and everybody is alittle leary about internet deals
686 Dan 686 says:
well here ill tell you whats been going on, I picked up a gs parts car free thought i would part it out ect.. and Ive been busy taking test for college and trying to find a job and work on my car, which is a story in itsself because i had my other RS blow up on my (cracked head)
ah
686 Dan 686 says:
and i wasnt on for about a week and then i got swamped with shipping people things that i didnt have money for because i HAD to have another car to drive
686 Dan 686 says:
but your caliper did get shipped is why im trying to figure out whats going on with this
686 Dan 686 says:
that was before my car took a s--- on me
Ok, this is what I'm unclear on. You shipped it, but you didn't send me a tracking number..
If I had a tracking number, then i could track it!
686 Dan 686 says:
i didnt get one from the post office
who did you ship it with
686 Dan 686 says:
USPS
I'm almost certain they ALWAYS give tracking numbers
686 Dan 686 says:
no you have to pay for it
686 Dan 686 says:
its like .65 cents
International insured articles use PS Form 2976-A to record the purchase of insurance, much like the Label 11-B is used to record additional insurance purchased for Express Mail International. Use the "CP" or "CJ" number from the customs form to check for delivery status or to initiate an inquiry.
686 Dan 686 says:
but its no big deal i can get another caliper *cough* for free *cough* i just cant ship it
what
686 Dan 686 says:
i may have someone buying my the body of my other RS though
686 Dan 686 says:
Then i can deffinatly get everyone straightend out, i can throw the caliper over the fence at the jukn yard and go get it for free
686 Dan 686 says:
but i need alittle money to ship it to you
ok ok just wait a second here
I understand your situation and I beleive what your telling me exept for a few things here..
686 Dan 686 says:
alright
Just listen...what I'm hearing is this. You got a parts car, for free, and you parted it out. You got money for all the parts, INCLUDING money to ship these items. You were going to ship everything, but your car took a s---, and you needed money, so you spent the money people paid you, so you could have a vehicle.
Thinking that you will get money soon and you can ship it, but not right wawy
686 Dan 686 says:
Yes
Now, even tho this is a bad thing to do, I understand what you did, and why you did it. It seemed to make sence. You didn't want this to happen, but it seemed like you had no choice, so on and so forth
Now,
686 Dan 686 says:
Now I am selling the car that blew up and going make evrything right.
Ok good
but
just wait now
I sent you money for the caliper and the shipping. You took that money, spent it on a car, as well as everyone elses money. Now, you still have that caliper of mine, but you don't have money to ship it, so you want me to send you money. It seemed viable that you sent it and it got lost, but I'm not buying your story.
686 Dan 686 says:
Ok, well its not going to matter what I say if you dont beleive me, I WILL ship you another caliper cause it wont cost me anything but alittl bit of time to get it but if you can wait i will get it shippe dout to you with a tracking number via any shipper you want
I can wait, you have my money, you can do what ever you want, you have the control here...i'm just asking you to do what right, and whats NOT so conveinient for you. I will not pay for the shipping, thats your job.
If you don't think you can do this, simply refund me and we can forget about this all together
686 Dan 686 says:
I will get you your caliper it will be cheaper for me to just send you one once i get some shipping money, but having everyone ganging up on me is pretty stressing and im trying to get everything done
686 Dan 686 says:
Also i just sold a balckberry phone on ebay to get some shipping money and because my paypal is backed up I cant receive the money
686 Dan 686 says:
Says I have a limited account
You can change that
686 Dan 686 says:
Yea by getting the disputes taken care of
686 Dan 686 says:
by shipping their stuff to them
Ok
686 Dan 686 says:
but i need money to do that and I cant get the money from the phone i sold to do it
You live at home right?
686 Dan 686 says:
But ive got to go to bed, ill be on tommorow after school
686 Dan 686 says:
yes i do
Get your parents to help you out if they can. Thats what they are there for. Your in a mess, and yes they'll probably be mad if they aren't already, but be honest and fix this situation.
686 Dan 686 says:
well thy cant exactly, my mom isnt working and my dad works for the union witch is an on and off thing
Then you need to get a job, and save every damn penny you can. or, go to a pawn shop and start making sacrifices.
You can just coast through this and everything will be ok, because it's not.
You *CAN"T*
686 Dan 686 says:
thats not a bad idea
sorry
686 Dan 686 says:
I may visit the pawn shop tommorow
It's not always smooth sailing, but what makes you a man is when you get through these kind of things while being honest, and fixing your mistakes weather or not it benefits you.
686 Dan 686 says:
I know that and im trying to fix my mistakes
686 Dan 686 says:
ive got a job lined up tto start next week
I'm going to post this conversation on the forum, because peopel deserve to know the truth. Your not a scammer, your just having some problems. Peopel may or may not feel better, but at least they'll know what is 'supposidly' the truth.
I beleive your story, because it's something that anybody else woudl lie about until it's over, or just stop talking to anyone all together,
so i respect you for telling me whats going on,
686 Dan 686 says:
Alright, That works for me. You might want to note my age as well.
yes i have noted that already
I am 18, so I know what it's like. I just don't live beyond my means. I dont' spend more than I make, and I alwasy save money just incase.
686 Dan 686 says:
But after this I am going to take deals one at a time and make sure I can follow through with them.
ok
Sounds like a good plan, and I hope everything works out. Ask your parents for a hand first, then try out a pawn shop.
686 Dan 686 says:
Im not even going to bother with my parents, you have no idea on that issue, I dont have much to sell cause i sold it all to buy my first mx-3 but ill find something.
ok
686 Dan 686 says:
I have a couple paintballs guns
There ya go
Keep in mind that you can get these things back after you get a job and such
686 Dan 686 says:
Yea i know
ok
good
well i'm gonna post this up, and peopel will still b---- at you but at least they know what is going on.
686 Dan 686 says:
Yea thats fine, they will get taken care of.
good thanks for your time, go to bed.
686 Dan 686 says:
lol alright, later man

END-----------------------------------------
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I don't personally know him , and in no way am I affiliated with him , but he has traded me stuff , and bought stuff off me in the past . He is young but I personally Im'ed him the other night , and told him that he has to get you guys the parts promised , he said he was trying , I guess he is having a bit of money problems , I don't know exactly what ,

I can pretty much Guarantee you that he will keep his word , because he has with me , I've dealt with scammers on this site many times , and overall Dan seems like a good guy , he may not have his priorities strait , but a good guy.

Vanished , I wish it were a Front Caliper you needed , as I have done business with you before , I would have shipped it free of charge for your hassle , I know what its like to wait for a part and it sucks , It took me almost 2 years to get a Turbo from the group buy ..

If Everyone , can list what they ordered , maybe I can donate some parts to help you guys out , I have a lot of extra parts laying around , and I wouldn't mind helping some members in a time of need .

I will try and get a hold of Dan to talk to him about this matter .
I hope everything works out for you guys .
Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Wow Vanished. You're pretty wise beyond your years. You'd make a good psychologist, or hostage negotiater. :wink: I've come across quite a few of your posts, and without looking at your age, assumed you were in your mid to late twenties.

I'll take my nose out of your a@# now. :oops:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

MazdaManiacMx3 wrote:If Everyone , can list what they ordered , maybe I can donate some parts to help you guys out , I have a lot of extra parts laying around , and I wouldn't mind helping some members in a time of need.
Definition of a SOLID MEMBER. Also one of the reasons why I have almost completely changed my mind about selling the MX-3 and buying a 5th gen Prelude.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Hey, thanks umcamara! Makes me feel good knowing that I come across to be older than I am!

I got the same impression of dan as you did mazdamaniacmx3. If he was trying to scam us he would be long gone, and what he's saying seems to be true enough. He's young, he doesn't have a job yet (but starting one) and I know how important it is to have a car.

He's just got some things to learn about money and life (we all do), but I'm sure he'll fix everything up, but I'm not sure how soon.

My main goal with this thread is to notify anyone who is in the dark about his situation and what is going on with everybody's parts and money. I hope this helps!

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Why did he use my money for his 'anything' instead of sending me my ordered parts??
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Dan man, sorry you're having a bit of trouble on the money end of things. I understand that since people have disputes you can't get all of your money out through paypal...which puts you in a situation where you are stuck. I would suggest possibly applying for a credit card, and using that to ship out everyones orders...this may prove to be difficult however, and if you don't trust yourself and your spending habits (not easy for everyone) then this isn't a good option. I will not be opening a dispute through paypal, but I would like you to keep us posted. Thank you Vanished for contacting Dan, but Dan I believe it is up to YOU to keep US posted. I understand you are very busy, but posting in the forums every other day isn't too much to ask for.

One thing that you could possibly do for us is list all the parts that you still have to ship, and then cross them out as you ship them. This lets us all know that you are working on fixing the situation, even if its just one part at a time. I'd hate to see you have to go to a pawn shop for things, but you do what you must. It wasn't a good idea to use everyones money for your own personal things, so you learn from it and move on. We're not here trying to be donkeys, rather we are trying to help you help us.

~Romeo
(Purchased RS Spoiler)
danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

Everyone will be taken care of very soon I would like to get this straightened out and hopefully gain somewhat of a reputation back so I can be a trusted member. I had my RS and the motor blew up and i HAD to have something to drive. And using the money I had was my only option. Sprry to everyone for the trouble but I am going through a bit of a rough time because of my car blowing up and the recent downfall of income via my parents. I WILL take care of everyone and see ot it that everyone gets their parts as ordered. Thanks for being so patient guys.
Im a potential scammer, do not sell me anything as I owe others $$
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

danmyers686 wrote:Everyone will be taken care of very soon I would like to get this straightened out and hopefully gain somewhat of a reputation back so I can be a trusted member. I had my RS and the motor blew up and i HAD to have something to drive. And using the money I had was my only option. Sprry to everyone for the trouble but I am going through a bit of a rough time because of my car blowing up and the recent downfall of income via my parents. I WILL take care of everyone and see ot it that everyone gets their parts as ordered. Thanks for being so patient guys.
If you don't I know where you live , :twisted:

Kidding , Dan I know you will do the right thing , if you need help during the process , let me know , I know how it is when your having hard times .

Kris-

PS is anyone in DESPERATE need of a part that I may be able to help out with .

PSS Yes Vanished , is a well rounded guy , and is very intelligent for his age , and very well spoken ,
He's also a solid member and would put my trust on him in any type of sitiation.
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
93mazdamx3_93

Post by 93mazdamx3_93 »

so any update on how your doing with your job and money? hope everything is going good for ya now.
danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

Trying to get the RS sold and everyone will have their things asap. Waiting on the guy to get the cash.
Im a potential scammer, do not sell me anything as I owe others $$
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

TTT

Dan, get this rollin. People have already started filing complaints againts you with paypal.

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

somebody needs to go visit him in person and talk to his parents - I'm sure they would not be too happy to know what their son is involved in :x
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Haven't talked to Dan in awhile , I will see if I can get in touch with him and get an update ,
Kris
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I talked to Dan on AIM , today , I expressed the need to get this situation straightened out , We discussed what he is willing to sell on ebay to get your money/parts to you ,
I offered to also buy some stuff and put my money on the line to get you guys your stuff ,
I even offered to set everything up for him , so I will see how it all pans out , and try to keep you guys updated on the progress ,

Kris-
02 Subaru Impreza OBS

Return to “Off-Topic”