[FS] Parting out 93 RS

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

[FS] Parting out 93 RS

Post by OROutdoors »

I am parting out an Emerald Green 93 RS. Just about everything is available. Please make offers. All parts are OEM. Willing to ship some items... not everything.

Hatch $150
L/R fenders [SOLD]
Hood $100
Cowl $10
Wiper arms $10 each
B6 motor $125 [compression is Cyl 1 175, Cyl 2 170, Cyl 3 160, Cyl 4 165]
AC system parts $100 (complete) -- available to part out
Radiator $75
Exhaust system -- make offer on parts
Interior door panels $40 each
Seats, Interior rear panels -- make offer
Center console (single level w/cupholder) -- $30
Power Mirrors, $20 each
Power mirror switch $10
Right headlamp $30
Alternator $50
Tail lights, misc signal lights, bumper covers -- make offer.
Anything else -- just ask, make offer.

All items are stock, so far that I know.

I will be taking this to the wrecking yard soon. Let me know if you want anything...

I charge actual S&H in addition to the price, unless we agree upon a set S&H fee. S&H includes: postage/freight, PayPay Fees, packaging if needed to be purchased, and insurance. You are responsible for any taxes or import duties.
Last edited by OROutdoors on December 9th, 2007, 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

How many miles on that B6? Condition of the Drivers seat? I am assuming you have the blue/teal interior?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm in Portland, and would like to come look, and buy some stuff. Going to PM.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Tunes67 wrote:How many miles on that B6? Condition of the Drivers seat? I am assuming you have the blue/teal interior?

Tunes67
Eric,

Good question. I bought the car used. I notice that on the transmission there is yellow paint forming some numbers -- as if the transmission or the engine and transmision were purchased at a wrecking yard. I can e-mail the original owner, but since he had already been paid, who knows how likely he'd be to answer. You do realize, don't you, that it is a SOHC, right? I just wanted to make sure....

I can get compression numbers for you if you want. Thanks,

Eric

Hey, Maybe I'll drive my other mx-3 up to Auburn soon -- Do you want to meet up, swap car stories?
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The engine is not for me specifically.. my brother has a 92 SOHC.. its in ok shape but has 140k miles on it.. figured I would check and see if that one has lower miles for a spare for him. His MX-3 is commuter only.. by any chance are your cargo flaps in ok condition on that car? I know he needs those as well as the drivers seat. Compression numbers on that engine would be awesome.. would allow me to compare it directly to his engines numbers then.

As for meeting up.. Auburn is a good clip south of me (though not as far as it is north for you) and that would have to be planned well in advance. But I am up for it. FowlJesse is supposed to be coming up the weekend of the 10th & 11th to pick up some speakers I have.. but he may be able to get them from you instead and save the trip. Meets are always cool.. but I want to get my GS finished before I start going to a lot of them. But its starting to look less ghetto these days ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Tunes67 wrote:The engine is not for me specifically.. my brother has a 92 SOHC.. its in ok shape but has 140k miles on it.. figured I would check and see if that one has lower miles for a spare for him. His MX-3 is commuter only.. by any chance are your cargo flaps in ok condition on that car? I know he needs those as well as the drivers seat. Compression numbers on that engine would be awesome.. would allow me to compare it directly to his engines numbers then.

As for meeting up.. Auburn is a good clip south of me (though not as far as it is north for you) and that would have to be planned well in advance. But I am up for it. FowlJesse is supposed to be coming up the weekend of the 10th & 11th to pick up some speakers I have.. but he may be able to get them from you instead and save the trip. Meets are always cool.. but I want to get my GS finished before I start going to a lot of them. But its starting to look less ghetto these days ;)

Tunes67
Okay. I'll get you compression numbers this weekend. I don't remember who was the first to mention the seats. FowlJesse is local to Portland. Anyway, I think he's coming by this weekend. If he's going to meet up with you in a week, perhaps we could talk him into transporting the engine to you (I don't have a pickup). Hmmm... how to make this work?

Hey, do you want to trade a Canadian-spec wrap-around spoiler for the engine? You have one of those right?

So, if you are interested in the engine, was components specifically were you interested in? I kind of view the engine as: block, head, head cover, timing gears, timing belt, gear cover. I normally don't think of intake and exhaust headers, alternator, distributor, transmission, mounts and CV/drive as being part of the engine. The clutch slips, but you are welcome to it anyway. Does this fit with your idea of a used engine? What is standard for selling a used engine?

Thanks,

Eric
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm doing a job in Tacoma, and can meet up with you, Tunes, either on the 4th, or the 13th, and you OROutdoors before, or after. I can transport small stuff, because my car will be about half full. Let me know what we can work out.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yes I have a wraparound spoiler and no you cant have it LOL Nice try though really ;) I like my brother but I dont like him that much ;)

As for what constitutes the engine.. Block, Head, all timing components including the disty. But dont need things like the alternator or power steering pump, AC or even the valve cover really. More or less the "Long Block". I'd want the timing stuff for spares and mainly so I can inspect the overall condition of the parts. Sorta tells me how well it was maintained during its life. Intake would be nice.. but its a gravy like thing. Dont really need it. Dont need the tranny or clutch stuff.. his was all redone recently. And until I know the compression numbers and discuss it with my Bro.. I cant even really say we are interested.. just kinda checking you know?

This Sunday the 4th is bad for me.. my mothers birthday so I will be up at my parents house for most of the day. The 13th is a tuesday.. I work till 6pm during the week.. but could meet up briefly after work, maybe have a beer or something.

As for pricing on the engine.. get me the compression numbers and I will discuss it with my bro. Dunno if he will want it or not.. but I will tell you what I think its worth based on the compression in any case (A leak down test would be even better). How many miles are on the odometer? As for transporting the engine.. I have a Mazda B2000 pickup I can drive down and get the engine if we can work out a deal. :)

Tunes67

OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Hey everyone, some things came up at work, and I need to go out of town on a business trip. The earliest I can send items will be Mid-week next week. I have taken photos, but haven't found the right cable to connect my camera to the PC. Sorry for the delays.
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Hey guys, I'm back. Here are some images of some interior components.

This is Seat Pair1. I also have another MX-3 seat pair, and a Mazda Speed Protege seat pair. By the way, there are complete interiots available for each of the two interior colors.

Rear seats

door panels

shift stick boot (i'll be keeping the knob)

ash trayImage

reardeck.

headliner

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Last edited by OROutdoors on November 19th, 2007, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Good news!

I bought mx3grlsikride's interior (F&R seats, panels, headliner). I will be picking them up and installing them on Friday, after Thanksgiving. This means that I will have another set of seats, another headliner and 2 more door panels to sell.

So, I will have two sets of mx-3 front seats and one set of Potege MazdaSpeed seats available, two head liners, two sets of door panels, and two sets of rear seats/panels. Unfortunately, mx3girl can't find the center console, so I'll probably have to keep mine; I have another available, but the latch is broken. Any idea what a center console goes for anyway, if in working condition? Thanks... Eric
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

How much for the Wiring harness? if its for a 5Spd 93 RS
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Here are some more images -- that were requested by people. Lots of stuff left.

The first 2 photos are of the front bumper wrap. Sorry it is muddy. Notice that there are some scrapes, and tears. Notice that the top mounting holes have torn through, but you should be able to drill new holes, maybe offset them about 5 cm. It does not come with the lights or license plate.

The next 4 photos are of "Pair2" of the seats (Pair1 was already posted). The back seat of this color is in good condition. Question for those who are in the know... can the back of the seat be unscrewed from the hinge, and swapped between the drivers seat and the passenger seat? Looks like it could be done. The driver seat foam, as is, is not firm at the left shoulder. Seat seams okay

Front wiper arms. One pair does not have rust.

Drivers' side parking light. Seems undamaged.

Photos of the wire cowl rubber. Wiper cowl is in good condition.

Photos of the hood. My daughter had to be part of the photo. There are chips in the paint, but other than that, it is in good condition. Emblem and squirters included.

Tail Lights in good condition. Bumper wrap has scrape, but is in good condition.

Photo of Hatch
Last edited by OROutdoors on December 9th, 2007, 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

I hope to post a list of what things have been "spoken for" sometime today.

I will be heading to Vancouver BC on Friday 11/23. If you line along the I-5 corridor, I can meet you somewhere so you can buy your items and save the gas. If you live in CA, I can take your part North of the border and ship them there -- I suspect that the shipping will be less costly and faster without having to ship across the border. Please let me know right away if you want to take advantage of this situation...

I do accept PayPal. Feel free to PM me here, but faster responses can be had at esgbradford3f1@yahoo.com. If you don't see a price on something, please make an offer.

Thanks, Eric
Oregon Outdoors
2013 Mazdaspeed3
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Dibs on the driver side "flap" thingy, and the hardware for it, I need one of these :D Also the garmet hook, and weather stripping for both driver and passenger door if you got :D Hopefully none of this is taken! I've got money and paypal, just lemme know how much, and I'll PM you with my email so you can send me a money request through paypal.

Shipping would be to

John Romeo
399 Ridgehill Road
Schenectady, NY 12303

Thanks!

John Romeo

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”