car died twice today.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bdr2k5

car died twice today.

Post by bdr2k5 »

well, omw to school today after driving on the hwy for like 10 min steady, car just cut off!! :shock: , i pulled on the side of the road and checked under the hood and everything and everthing was fine, got in and cranked it back on and it started fine. then on the way back from school after driving for another 10 min steady, freaking car died again. and i cranked it up 2 or 3 sec after it died, and again it started fine.

i was thinking of my ignitor goin out maybe? :oops: , cant really think of anything right now.

i have a mx-3 with curved neck klze, probinator chip.

i was also thinking of my remote starter module causing trouble?, if it does it again ima disable it and drive it like that and see what happens, if it does it again ill try the HEI mod :evil:

i take any input.
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

My car was doing this a month ago too. Also thought it was the disty, so I swapped it out. It still did it for a week. Now it's not doing it. Can't figure it out, but my car was starting right back up so I guess it's not that huge a deal.

And your remote start has nothing to do with it. It should only be tied into your STARTER, so if your car is already started, the starter doesn't come into play.
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

lakersfan1 wrote:My car was doing this a month ago too. Also thought it was the disty, so I swapped it out. It still did it for a week. Now it's not doing it. Can't figure it out, but my car was starting right back up so I guess it's not that huge a deal.

And your remote start has nothing to do with it. It should only be tied into your STARTER, so if your car is already started, the starter doesn't come into play.
well actually the remote starter is hooked to the ignition switch. was a pain in the a-- to wire i remember.

i did the HEI mod today
and the car still died 3 more times today, this time i had to wait 15 to 40 min intervals before it cranks back on. i had 3 crankshaft position sensors laying around, swap it out still dididnt do anything, i just cant figure this out, i have probinator chipp, maybe is heating up and f---ing up?,

what other ignition related part could fail if overheated, besides ign control module and crankshaft position sensor?

ARGH i gonna go beat my car!!!!!!! :x
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

also, anybody know, i read everywhere about the HEI mod

do you separate the 6pin wire from the distributor or just quick splice it?

i tried to cut it and the car woudlnt start, but then had it together and it cranked.

funny thing is that when i was putting some tie wraps that wire came lose and the car kept running?

is this mod a backup control module or is it actually bypassing the factory one?.

i did everthign according to this manual.

http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/hei/index.htm
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

if you run the ignitor wire to the HEI and not the disty then ya it will replace it alltogether and the stock one will not interfer.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Find out if you're lacking spark or fuel.
Cody
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

tehbrookzorz wrote:Find out if you're lacking spark or fuel.
spark sir.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”