washer fluid tank

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
WhiteFinish

washer fluid tank

Post by WhiteFinish »

I'm wondering if anyone has done a mod to the washer fluid tank.

For example clear the front tank and use the rear one for the front (just put a small hose from the back side of the car to the front side.)

Right now, I'm trying this mod but it doesn't seem to get enough power to put a decent spray on the front windshield.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

I played around with this when my washer didn't work (turned out it was my indicator switches that were broken)

Possibly you could swap the front motor with the back? i think it is larger??

it's more of a pain to fill and you'll need to fill it more often :evil:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

The motor is hard to change because the look very different from eachother

Okey, you'll have to fill it up more often But the big ugly thing is finally gone
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Luc St. Pierre did the washer relo mod on his MX-3 as part of a wt. reduction/redistribution project. No longer has the write-up on his site but I don't recall hearing any prob using the rear tank to feed fluid to the front wipers. The mod effectively removed 7-8 lbs (full reservoir) from the engine bay by pulling the front tank. Be interested in any probs you resolve on this cuz I just bought a GS rear reservoir from Philthy with the same idea for my RS. Every lil bit helps yah.
Image -Jim
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

When I had the from washer tank split in the 323 (same P/N and in the MX-3) I replaced it with a smaller $9 universal 1.5L tank and pump assy from Princess Auto. When I installed the S/C on the A/C bracket to test it for the V-6, I needed the hole of the washer tank neck for the I/C plumbing and installed a OE ZX2 firewall mount tank and pump

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”