Question concerning parts interchangeability: 1.6 vers 1.8

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Shawna

Question concerning parts interchangeability: 1.6 vers 1.8

Post by Shawna »

I need a parts car (body parts) for my 1.6L 93 - however the car I have my eye on is a 94 V6 model. My question is the following: How many parts from the 94 1.8 would be a straight swap over to my 93 1.6? I'm thinking suspension mainly not engine of course. It may come down to the point where my car isn't as good as condition as the 94 but I'm thinking about what the owner mentioned, (it has a front axle (?) problem.) I think she may mean something else here or drive shaft instead of axle.

There is nothing wrong with my suspension or running gear so how much of my parts could fit the V6 is my question. I assume that the CV on the V6 is upgraded or beefier? Brakes: are the V6's bigger etc? Power steering different? etc.

I may just end up using the body panels of the V6 and then part the rest out if the running gear is that much different. The V6 has 250K on it and my 4 banger has half that without ANY issues. Plus the rad leaks on the v6 so with the mileage...

God I hate these choices! :roll: (Sound of head hitting table).
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

first off the v6 axles won't fit bigger spines on the tranny side are bigger than what u have..

but the hubs on all three model mx-3's are the same. as the brakes are the same too.

u can use the alt from the v6 its a 90 amp where the 1.6 sohc is a 60amp. most mx-3 guys owning a 4cly do this upgrade.

the rad is different than that of the 4cly models.

u can use the rear tie bar on the v6 since the 4cly have that part missing.

u can use the struts to but its not like its going to make a difference.

v6 has a crossmember that the 4cly has missing but to much work to get that siffer chasis upgrade.

thats all i can think off im tired just got off work working on huge 18 wheels and my body hurts..

if i think of any more i'll post it up unless anyone out there can put there 2cents

buh bye
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Brakes are different. RS uses front wheel discs & rear drums. GS uses 4 wheel discs. GS front calipers are different part number than RS, and GS front rotors are larger than RS.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”