gasket set question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Spotted

gasket set question

Post by Spotted »

Ok. quick question. does anyone know if a gasket set for a 94 miata will work with a 94 mx rs? I work @ autozone and can not find any parts for my mx in stock. they are almost all special order, and a lot are not even available, but we do stock a lot of miata parts for the same year/motor.
Specifically I am looking at the heag gasket set and the valve cover gasket. please help gotta get some leaks sealed up.
Thanks
:welder:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

No it wont work.. 94 Miata's got a 1.8L BP motor and the 94 MX-3 got a 1.6L B6DE motor.. at least in north america. Now.. if you have a head gasket for a 91-93 Miata with the 1.6L.. that could be the same.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

i worked at AdvanceAuto, out systems cross referenced :mrgreen: jk
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
tazman734

Post by tazman734 »

go to ebay and look on there i live in nh and the lest $$ was $180 i found 1 on ebay for my 95 mx3 b6 for 38 and shiping my be cheaper then advance .... :D
tazman734
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

tazman734 wrote:go to ebay and look on there i live in nh and the lest $$ was $180 i found 1 on ebay for my 95 mx3 b6 for 38 and shiping my be cheaper then advance .... :D
Same here. Bout 2 mos ago, got a complete engine gasket set for 94/95 B6 DOHC MX-3 from some guy's ebay store for less than $40 USD shipped cuz the seller saw I had it on a watch list and knocked a bunch off as a temp sale thing. Search ebay motors for 'B6 gasket' and you should see them still listed. Been on there forever and price keeps dropping.
Image -Jim
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

A bit off topic.. but good to see ya posting again Jim :) Welcome back to the land of MX-3's ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: gasket set question

Post by neutral »

Spotted wrote:... I am looking at the heag gasket set and the valve cover gasket. please help gotta get some leaks sealed up.
Thanks
Hey thanks Eric.

Spotted, Here's the headgasket set ebay listing from the same buyer's store I bought a full gasket set from. He doesn't sell many cuz of a typo in the listing (B16D instead of B6) but it appears to be the correct set. wth for $31 ya can't go wrong right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-199 ... dZViewItem
Image -Jim
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

that ebay link, it's the correct gaskets. They're made by Evergreen. I bought them for my B6 and all of the gaskets are a perfect match.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Just asking those who have purchased Ebay gasket sets...

Do they come with TB gaskets? I see valve seals, head, vc, intake, exhaust, sometimes oilpan... misc. o rings, what looks like exhaust gaskets like for between the cat and pipes... camshaft seals...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MCNano117

Post by MCNano117 »

TB? I bought the full engine gasket set and it had everything required for the engine, I don't think it has anything beyond that.
1994 Mazda MX3 RS | Rebuilt B6DE | Stock

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”