Urgent: Got lots of engine codes :(

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
curt

Urgent: Got lots of engine codes :(

Post by curt »

Hey, I'm hooked a paper clip up to TEN and GND, got all the error codes off my car b/c my engine light was on. I'm having a little trouble, I dont know what they all mean. Could someone give me a brief explanation on what they are, how to fix, and if they're really important? Thanks!

08 - Volume Air Flow sensor (VAF)
10 - Intake air temperature sensor (IAT)
17 - LHO2S inversion error
24 - RHO2S inversion error
46 - VRIS #2 solenoid

I cleared all the error codes and will see what comes back, but in the mean time, please help me with the ones I listed!! Thanks
-Curt
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I doubt many of those will come back. Doubtful BOTH oxygen sensors are bad at once. Then the IAT is inside the VAF, so it's possible the plug isn't plugged all the way in. But it's more probably that your computer was glitchy and just stored thosecodes long tern. You can check if the VRIS is working by searching the 'paper method VRIS' on this board. See if there's an FAQ for it.
curt

Post by curt »

Okay I'm pretty sure that the VRIS #2 solenoid is malfunctioning (I will test when its daylight out)... I just went out and cleared the codes, and #46 was the only one that came back (without taking the car for a rip). The oxygen sensors were an issue previously. Took it to Mazda to get saftied and they said that they may need replacing. They put some injector cleaner in and let it go. Im guessing the LH is left-hand, O2 (oxygen), S sensor. And VRIS is somethign to do with balancing out the air waves entering the intake manifold? I'm not too sure on that. Any more imput is appreciated. Thanks
-Curt

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”