zx2 s/r pads for mx3 disc brakes, anyone know?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Steeb

zx2 s/r pads for mx3 disc brakes, anyone know?

Post by Steeb »

do zx2 rear pads fit mx3 rear calipers?

if not, do zx2 rear calipers fit mx3 hubs?

i read over on clubprotege that the mx3 calipers are better than the protege lx rear calipers. so i was wondering which are better the mx3 or zx2 s/r rear calipers?

i was looking at hawk's website and the shape of the pad looks slightly off. as of now i bought a set of protege lx hawk rear hps pads to see if i can modify the backing plate slightly to fit the mx3 rear caliper.

reason im asking is cuz the availablity of race pads for front and rear.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

For the fronts there are plenty of options. Considering our cars are nose heavy with 65% over the nose, the fronts are THE MOST important by far, which is probably why there aren't alot of options for the back. For the back, a mid-level pad like PBR Metalmaster is adequate. The best you can get that I know of is EBC Greenstuff, but you'll have to look to find someone with the MX3 pads.

For the front, if you're doing autocross, I'd look at Satisfied GranSport 6. For higher speed and longer duration, I'd look at Satisfied GranSport 5. There are also more EBC and Hawk options for the front, though.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i use grandsport 5s on the mx and i have to say love them!!!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

rear pad or caliper is what im asking about, if anyone has any information on the zx2 rear calipers let me know.
lakersfan1 wrote:For the fronts there are plenty of options. Considering our cars are nose heavy with 65% over the nose, the fronts are THE MOST important by far, which is probably why there aren't alot of options for the back. For the back, a mid-level pad like PBR Metalmaster is adequate. The best you can get that I know of is EBC Greenstuff, but you'll have to look to find someone with the MX3 pads.

For the front, if you're doing autocross, I'd look at Satisfied GranSport 6. For higher speed and longer duration, I'd look at Satisfied GranSport 5. There are also more EBC and Hawk options for the front, though.
i can corner weight my car so that is not a problem for me. btw, there are tons of upgrade pads and race pads available for the fronts so im not concerned about finding a proper pad for the front as this is not an issue with mx3's. mx3's however have no race/track duty pads for the rears. thats why im asking if we can use rear pads from zx2's

i know that rear protege lx pads can be made to fit by modifying the backing plate but there are still better pads available for the zx2 calipers. if the zx2 rear pads fit then we have tons more options for rear pads. if not then im gonna pick up some rear brakes from a zx2 even tho the difference in rotor size is none
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

No the ZX2 rear disc assy is totally different from the 323/MX-3/EGT rear disc assy. The spindle assy, calipers, pads, etc and slightly larger. You can swap the rear disc hardware from a BG 323 series car if you machine adapters and shims but you cannot go the other way around and swap the ZX2 parts onto a BG based rear end.

The ZX2 rear pads look more like the rear pads for a Mazda BJ

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”