Problems after swap

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mdietz

Problems after swap

Post by mdietz »

1. My Revese lights dont work
2. The oil light comes on
3. No light for the gauge cluster (mabey the dimmer switch is broken?)
4. Temperatue gauge doesn't work

-otherwise everything else works great, any help with any of these problems would be great
-Thanks
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Add this to some problems:

When driving, heavy or not, my brake light comes on. Sometimes it just stays on until I turn the car off, other times it'll go out on its own. This problem was not occurring before the motor swap. Plenty of brake fluid.
No more MX-3.
mdietz

Post by mdietz »

mabey its the ecu i m using a kl89 i think it said and does anybody know the location of the reverse sensor on the transmission?
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

are the reverse lights plugged in. or maybe you damagaed the reverse switch during the swap.

your oil light..are you using the same sending unit as the k8. some cars like probes and mx6's have a different oil pressure sending unit since they have a gauge. therefore if you run that one the oil light will always be on.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mdietz

Post by mdietz »

I have the reverse lights pluged in but mabey i did damage it during the swap do you know which plug is it comeing off the tranny

your oil light..are you using the same sending unit as the k8. some cars like probes and mx6's have a different oil pressure sending unit since they have a gauge. therefore if you run that one the oil light will always be on.

If i was to put in an oil pressure gauge where would i run the line off the engine for this

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”