Meth/Alcohol Injection

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
93_4Banger

Meth/Alcohol Injection

Post by 93_4Banger »

What is everyones oppinion on this and is it as good as the dsm guys make it out to be? Postive/Negatives
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

On a car that isn't set up to run it I don't think there are any benefits. No current form of alcohol has more internal power than Gasoline. The benefit of it comes from the higher octane rating which allows you to run a much higher compression (or more boost), which is more efficient, thus overcoming (or at least getting close to) the power deficiency. On a fairly low compression NA car like ours you would probably just lose power. Also, Methanol and Aluminum aren't the best of friends, so I would avoid the idea anyways.

The Talon TSi is a turbo and probably has an iron block, which means it can take advantage of the change in fuel.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

You can also just use water and still get beneifits from reaaly cooling down the combustion temps. Allowing more boost with no detontation. But like he said it must be tuned with the injection in mind or you wont gain much if anything.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

well considering that i am turbocharged and i dont think the methanol is gunna damage the block whatsoever considering it mists through the intake pipes.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Well some people say it reacts bad to aluminom blocks (inside combustion chambers) , they say after LONG time use when they tear there block apart the chamber is all corroded. Then ive seen some say that its never happened to them. meh

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i have to agree with antwawn when talking to different shops about the turbo setup i'm building, they have all suggested wet injection (water injecting) to help the engine handle more boost
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

water is not going to raise the octane level like methanol would and also water is going to cool the intake charge but not like meth would and higher octane means you can boost higher alot safer then pump gaas.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

regardless plane water still works really well.

mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

well ive been looking into it and have some ideas but need some suggestions on this considering i will be boosted soon....
setup A use the stock washer pump and use a boost press switch to activate /w a intercooler sprayer to inject the meth like this one. Image

setup B just use this kit Image with either the intercooler sprayer noted above or just inject into the IC piping like everyone else uses...
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

wel the first pic you have is not a water injection kit. Just sprays water or whatever u want directly on your intercooler to help the heat exchange.

Open_dump

Post by Open_dump »

i thought mx-3's were iron block aluminum heads?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Open_dump wrote:i thought mx-3's were iron block aluminum heads?
Aluminum block also.

mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

last months Dsport has a big review of a bunch of different kits, they used it on a new STI and gained 50whp in the 4k range and 65ftlbs. but only gained like 10hp up top, but maintained about 30 more on the torque curve. but the kit also bumped up the boost 2psi. if i understand it right, injection isnt really about gaining power, but more about making it safer to crank up boost and gain some power.
its really not to expensive, id say it would be worth it in a street/drag car, maybe for autoX but probably not for anything with longer laptimes
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

[quote="mazdamx3freak"]well ive been looking into it and have some ideas but need some suggestions on this considering i will be boosted soon....
setup A use the stock washer pump and use a boost press switch to activate /w a intercooler sprayer to inject the meth like this one. [img]http://www.designengineering.com/images ... son300.jpg[/img]

setup B just use this kit [img]http://www.designengineering.com/images ... yer300.jpg[/img] with either the intercooler sprayer noted above or just inject into the IC piping like everyone else uses...[/quote]

if ur gonna spray the intercooler us some type of nitrous, all it does it lower the temperature of the intercooler, which will lower the temp of the air. but if u have a cheap ebay intercooler, i dunno if i would trust it....i always thought they would freeze up and crack or somthing....
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
RbluE_MX-6

Post by RbluE_MX-6 »

XxantwawnxX wrote:
Open_dump wrote:i thought mx-3's were iron block aluminum heads?
Aluminum block also.
K series are aluminum blocks, and B series are iron blocks. Just to clarify.
88 Mx-6 GT FE-DOHC rebuilt

Too much to list...

Return to “Forced Induction”