replacing engine that wont come out

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
reegler

replacing engine that wont come out

Post by reegler »

Ok, ive been working off one of the posts in an FAQ about swapping for a BPT, but really im just replacing with the exact same engine, a sohc from a 93. Anyways, ive done everything the post said to remove the engine but the engine will just not clear the transmission like he said it would. It is definitely detached and there are no bolts. Theres just no room for the engine to pull out. On the passenger side, the pulley for the stearing pump and compressor is hitting the frame. So im not sure if i need to remove that to get it out. Is there something obvious im missing? If you have any knowledge in this please let me know. Thanks in advanced!

much love

tim
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you should remove both the tranny and the engine at the same time, it will be faster to remove both then slap the tranny on the new motor will be alot easier than trying to squeeze the motor out.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
reegler

Post by reegler »

i got it out, i just unbolted the middle tranny mount and it nicely came out. Thanks!

- tim

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”