Oil fittinng question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

Oil fittinng question

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok guys

I have this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0135699181

can anyone PLEASE tell me what type of hose /fittings do I need? And how do I tap the oil pan and where do i get the fitting? THATS ALL I NEED TO BOLT IT ON! cant wait

sorry for making yet another thread.. but everyone ignores the hector turbo thread :/
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

you should have 2 fitting simular to that on the turbo, one for oil sending to the turbo and the other return to the oil pan. the fitting in the pic is for the oil to motor pan.... so you need a male brass fitting to screw into it and then the same goes for you oil pan ( which you can use high heat/psi epoxy to seal it to the pan, remember its steel) and find a oil safe high heat line atleast 3/4in and just clamp it on with hose clamps b/c its a low pressure line and that is all you will ever need....and suggestions for the oil sending line is just buy one online b/c there usally stainless and built to last and that is the most important factor in keeping your turbo alive!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yeah I got the one on the turbo on already,l what size line do i need?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
claude matte

Post by claude matte »

i used a #6 feed and a #10 drain an
hope that helps
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3mazda
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new pics
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok this is what I got so far.. for feed line I got a steel line. 1/8 NPT Oil Inlet. I have not been able to find the oil pan inlets 1/8.

Now For the drain line we got a 1/2" NPT fitting. I do not yet have the hose. I can get an adapter 1/2 to 1/8 on ebay for cheap. But for the oil pan, where can I get the oil pan adapters to tap into it?
-hec

mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

home depot.......get a 1/2 male barbed fitting in the plumbing sec. and drill into your oil pan and use epoxy to seal it on their.....and i repeat do not use a 1/8 to 1/2 fitting for the drain line... you want it to be as big as possible...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

The feed line itself is very small, its only like one pin size hole on the adapter itself.... is this normal?
-hec

ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Just remember to mount the return line just above your oil pan slump. Or above oil level, or youll find yourself replacing turbo seals and blowing huge clouds of blue smoke out your exhaust. Not so much fun. Good luck.
lazzer408

Re: Oil fittinng question

Post by lazzer408 »

Sorry to bump an old thread. I already tried the search.

Is there a picture of a drilled pan somewhere? What's the best location for the return?
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Ill take a picture of mine tommorow when its light out, That I havent had any problems with.
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Image Found an older picture when I first installed it, my hose clamp wasnt tight enough and leaked some oil as you can see on the bottom of the pan.
lazzer408

Post by lazzer408 »

which engine is that? I have an aluminum pan on the bp. It's easy enough to remove I'll probably pull it to tap anyways. I was going to go the 'blow gun in the breather' route to drill it.
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Oh that is my ZE, Yea just make sure to direct it above the oil line in the pan and enough away from the rotating parts (crank). You would have to remove the oil pan to weld a neck onto it, safely anyways.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

This thread is over a year old lol

I wa already booted and went back to n/a and gpoing back to boost this week.

I jut need a dammed t4 flange
-hec

mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

he said sorry for bumping an old thread and what does you being boosted and going n/a and being boosted again have anything to do with this thread?

Return to “Forced Induction”