Drive, Brake and the Lights go off!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

Drive, Brake and the Lights go off!

Post by SuperK »

Here's a funny issue I've had recently...
I drive to work at 4 30 AM, so it's always dark outside... anyways, I'm driving, and I have to stop, so I push in the brakes, and everything turns off for 2 seconds. My radio turns off, my lights turns off, even the speedo turns off and the time resets, then everything turns back on. The car doesn't stall, just stuff turns off.

So now it turns into a game, haha. Sometimes I can pump the breaks, and it's like on/off. On/off. On/off. I bet people around me think I'm a freak of sorts.... :?
But then, if they're working at 4AM, they're prolly freaks of sorts too, so I should fit in?

I fixed the problem, it was a bad connection in the negative wire/terminal. It needs a "do not disturb" sign on it. But I think it's still pretty funny, so I thought I'd go ahead and share.
1995MX3

Post by 1995MX3 »

That would be pretty comical in the mornings. Hopefully you gave a few people a laugh or a WTF look on the way to work at least.
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

haha. well atleast it did it at a stop and not driving at 80mph on a freeway. me and my brother were getting on a freeway on ramp and as soon as we get on, bam! the hood flies up and smacks against the windshield. we had to be dogs out of the window style and pull over haha. glad you got it fixed 8)
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”