No pressure in my clutch pedal?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
sauga

No pressure in my clutch pedal?

Post by sauga »

My clutch was engaging fine but my clutch pedal would only return about 50% of the way to its proper position, so I tried to bleed the slave but when I initially opened the vavle one squirt of the nastiest black fluid came out and after that there was a couple of dribbles in the consecutive tries. There is no fluid coming out and no pressure in the pedal (it is on the floor) and the reservoir level is not moving. If anyone can help me with some info please get back to me.

Thanks

chris
I have a 95 precidia rs 4 cyl for sale car is in good shape new waterpump and timing belt getting new clutch master cylinder now..so if u know anyone get in touch
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

There are two clutch slave cylinders. One on the firewall and one at the trans. One of them has failed if it will not pump anymore. I would suggest replacing them both as they should fail at about the same time.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
sauga

Anyone else?

Post by sauga »

ok well there is a clutch master cylinder and a slave cylinder and they are completely different but thanks for the advice
I have a 95 precidia rs 4 cyl for sale car is in good shape new waterpump and timing belt getting new clutch master cylinder now..so if u know anyone get in touch
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

ok whatever, if you know what they are then you should know what they do. If you know what they do then you should also pretty much know what is wrong with the car. I was keeping it simple for you, but thanks for the snooty reply...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
sauga

Post by sauga »

well I wasn't trying to be snooty but if I didn't know what they were I would probably be pretty confused looking for 2 slave cylinders. Anyways the slave is fine it was the master cylinder.

thanks

Return to “Transmissions”