KLZE swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
studboy13

KLZE swap

Post by studboy13 »

so if i was to get a KLZE with a curved neck, i could run my K8 ecu. but i would need to change out my VAF? is this correct?
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

No, I don't think so. You can run it with both, but it would throw engine codes and run rich. If you replace one, you should replace both. Or just bypass it altogether with something like MegaSquirt.
No more MX-3.
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

i did my swap last week and you can run it with the stock ECU and the stock vaf fine.

thast how im running mine at the moment, but thats only becasue im waiting for my probinator chip to arrive in the mail. although you can run it on stcok ECU you wont get the full potential out of it so id recommend a probinator chip or a j spec ECu to run it properly.

ill let you know how my chip works once its in
studboy13

Post by studboy13 »

do you have a website and a link for this chip?

i have a 1992, will i still be ok?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

talk to slammed6 about the probinator chip he can put you in contact with the guy or just ask timmie_g its an individual who is just burning eproms, there really isnt a site, unless you jsut go over to probetalk
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
studboy13

Post by studboy13 »

kenken

Post by kenken »

hello..sorry to interupt...i was wondering.....to swap from k8 to a KLZE, is it necessary to swap the whole wiring harness and sensors?
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

No. You are simply putting in a bigger V6 Engine. Everything but the EGR will still be used. I think the only "major" modification is that you have to make the TPS wire like 6 inches longer...
No more MX-3.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

kenken wrote:hello..sorry to interupt...i was wondering.....to swap from k8 to a KLZE, is it necessary to swap the whole wiring harness and sensors?
it should be plug and play - when you remove the k8 put little pieces of tape and mark on each wire and plug you disconnect so you know where it goes on the klze... you can get lost quickly or forget...
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

Mooneggs wrote:
kenken wrote:hello..sorry to interupt...i was wondering.....to swap from k8 to a KLZE, is it necessary to swap the whole wiring harness and sensors?
it should be plug and play - when you remove the k8 put little pieces of tape and mark on each wire and plug you disconnect so you know where it goes on the klze... you can get lost quickly or forget...
Thats what i did on my 96mx3. Fired up first try too!
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”