Must be my luck.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
midrange

Must be my luck.

Post by midrange »

it seems no matter what vehicle i buy, when i go to search for something, it is always for the other model.

I bought my rs mx6 a couple years ago, and of course any time i did a search for parts, it was always for the v6 model.

So, i buy a V6 mx3, and i did a search for cold air, and what do i get, every kit you can buy for the 4 cylinder but non for the gs v6 model.

Is it just my luck or what? I guess this post is kinda pointless, but i'm relly getting frustrated with aftermarket.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Yeah aftermarket sucks for this car but its all good, I still love it. Go buy a 90-93 Integra Cold air intake. Its fits perfect, all you gotta do is cut the pipe where the air sensor goes and you're gravy.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Aftermarket isn't that bad, but ya, some simple stuff we don't have, but something as a CAI is not that bad to make. Very common is to take an CAI from an Integra (and they're cheap too), take a hack saw and cut it to the necessary length. Not really that complicated.

Apparently toucan industries makes a CAI, I looked for it a few days ago and couldn't find it,I'll have to ask some of the TO club guys to talked to a guy who had one.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Do a search for mx3 intake on ebay. This one is for the v6, it's $179.95 American.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA-MX ... enameZWD1V

Hope that helps.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea weapon R and prm make CAI, but to be honest overpriced, i spent 30 on my integra pipes then just spent money on a good K&N filter. Really unless your just buying it for the name they wont give you anymore power than just building one yourself for about 75-100, and like nd4spdse said really easy to make cut it up and installed in about an hour. If you really must have a name brand then just go buy a AEM intake for an integra and cut it up :) though there CAI are expensive and not sure your going to want to hack apart something you just spend 150-200 on :)

and its not that we dont have aftermarket support, we do but your buying a car that only lasted in the states what 4 years? and they are getting to be 11-15 years old, and were never very popular, so you just have to be a bit more creative with these cars to mod them. which is what makes them more unique, where honda guys can just run out and buy a bolt on, we get the joy of really doing custom work on our cars.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
midrange

Post by midrange »

its not this car i'm complaining about.. its just my general luck period... I have owned 18 cars in 10 years, and no matter what vehicle i get, there is never listings for my vehicle..

And this mx3 that i just got, its the exact same thing... So thats what i'm getting at, not just this car, but pretty much every car i have owned.
Even my hondas... I have owned crx's, and if i went into canadian tire and tried to find something, there would be listings for everything but my crx....

Like my mx6, everything i wanted i couldn't get cause it was only available for the v6 model... and now i have a v6 mx3, everything i want is only available in the 4 cylinder model.. just driving me crazy....
93 MX-3 GS
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I kinda have a similar problem with my mx-3. I've got a '96 RS, and there are no listings basically anywhere for a '96. I just go by the '95 listings because they the same for most things. The only half-a#$ explanation that I got was from a parts guy at my Mazda Stealership. He said because the car was phased out here after '96, it "technically" didn't really exist.

Not sure how much I buy that though.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

also there was no gs after 94 in the states so parts for that dont exist either
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”