MX-3: Audio Wiring (year 1993)

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Steve_SK

MX-3: Audio Wiring (year 1993)

Post by Steve_SK »

Just a quick post for people who'd like to install aftermarket or OEM radio in their MX-3. Here are cables, their colours and what they are used for. It works well on my MX-3 year 1993.

Speakers

Front left:
Blue / Orange
Violet (+)

Front right:
White
Blue / White (+)

Rear left:
Pink
Gray / Black (+)

Rear right:
Light green / Red
Light green / Black (+)

Power
Blue / Red = Memory
Blue / Black = Power (ACC)
Red / Black = Illumination
Black = Ground

Hope it will help somebody. :)
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Could be easier to read than the one thats on the main page of this site..

http://mx-3.com/tech/audsys/aud_sys_diag.gif
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Yes, but maybe somebody doesn't know colour codes of the cables or is better for her/him to see this information in this form, but you can delete this post, if it is odd.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, personally, I would highly recommend getting an adaptor harness to create a plug-and-play install, and not hack the vehicles harness
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Well, if you buy a car with just harness without connector, what would you do? I put there ISO connector, so now I can connect Mazda, Sony, or another radio via adapter, I can put Blaupunkt radio there without an adapter, because it is ISO ready. OK, I will copy this info to our MazdaKlub SK page, you can delete this thread from here. :)
danmyers686

Post by danmyers686 »

This really helped me out in wiring up my stereo, wouldve taken alot longer to find each set of speakers wires.
Im a potential scammer, do not sell me anything as I owe others $$
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Steve_SK wrote:Well, if you buy a car with just harness without connector, what would you do? I put there ISO connector, so now I can connect Mazda, Sony, or another radio via adapter, I can put Blaupunkt radio there without an adapter, because it is ISO ready. OK, I will copy this info to our MazdaKlub SK page, you can delete this thread from here. :)
I'd wire an OEM Mazda harness back in....I didn't realise that all the connectors to each radio was standard between all manufacturers of aftermarket radios, but i wouldn't be surprised if they weren't. Unless your talking about some standard for an aftermarket connector...but if that was the case, that's no different. You still need an adaptor for say, ISO to Pionner or from OEM Mazda to Pioneer there's still an adapter harness involved...but at least with the OEM connector back on, you can go to any car audio place and get a Mazda connector, and of course you'll get the other end in the box of the new head unit, rather to have to find an ISO connector. If they're everywhere, than no big deal, but athough I'm not a car audio installer, I haven't heard of it, so that ISO connector isn't probably as easy, or easy to find at all, and I hate to have to order stuff, especially when you've gotten everything taken apart and ready.

I will say one thing, I don't like soldering inside a car, especially my car now with my new seats...I'd rather solder on a workbench and just PnP inside the car
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
zombiechow

Post by zombiechow »

just wanted to say thanks and this helped me a lot.
g-mac

Re: MX-3: Audio Wiring (year 1993)

Post by g-mac »

The previous owner of my mx-3 left me a few centimetres of wire ends to work with. If I was going to wire in a stereo again, I would get some Euro terminal strips (for example http://www.tycoelectronics.com/catalog/ ... 0576,17844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) with a dab of dielectric grease to prevent oxidation.

ah yes, stripping wire with my teeth and my face in the DIN slot! ...Good times
my feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=56291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seanyd08

Post by seanyd08 »

Thanks for the wiring diagram man, wouldnt have been able to do it without you. I was in for quite a shock when i looked behind the dash.. my got there is alot of wires, and they are paper thin. crazy shiz.

Cheers bro, MRD
1991 Subaru L Series Wagon (Sold)
1989 Nissan Pulsar N13 (Crashed)
1989 Honda Prelude 3rd Gen (Crashed/Flooded)
1991 Daihatsu Charade (Timing belt snapped; Engine destroyed)
1995 Mazda Mx-3 1.8L V6 K8 (Current, Sports Exhaust and K&N Intake).
:) All I want is a good looking car, THAT CAN EAT THOSE COMMODORES! :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

FINALLY! THE PROPER DIAGRAM!
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”