dropzone 1.8 inch lowering springs (4cyl)

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
mazdamx3sohc

dropzone 1.8 inch lowering springs (4cyl)

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

does anyone have a picture of an mx3 with dropzone 1.8 inch lowering springs or just any 1.8 inch lowering springs, mine has stock steelies...id like to know what it looks like. please and thank you.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

anyone at all?
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I have spaxx springs on my 4cyl which they say lower it 1.75 inches. I'll take pics as soon as my car is out of the body shop. The ride quality on the springs is really nice.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If these are the cheap ebay springs.. id read the sticky I posted in the suspensin forum.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

they are ebay ones but they are the most expensive ones on ebay, they are the same ones they sell on there actual shop off of ebay too...and just to make it clear they are springs not coilovers. oh yeah and if there are any pictures of a lowered mx3 close to 1.8 inches, post em up.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

read the sticky, those who have had dropzones have posted..
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

custom i searched all the way back to 2002 in the faq and regular suspension forum. im looking for springs NOT coilovers..i already got them and sposedly i found if you dont put them on upside down like pretty much everyone does...then they will lower and give a pretty good ride. the coilovers are sh** just like every other coilover out there...but the springs i found were precision made or something good like that...i just wanna find pics on them now.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I cant say the springs are bad, just others have said differently based on their own experiences. Im just trying sway away from things Ive heard bad about :)

Not all coilovers are bad..
Ground controls are nice :) Eibach springs..
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I am using the drop zone springs. I never had a problem with them and I find the ride is pretty good for the cost of the kit. Here is a before and after pic. Make sure you get a camber kit with the springs, no matter which ones you decide to go with.

before

after

hope this helps.
Jeff
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

it does help kinda, im using stock wheels. but thank you very much. i will admit i dont know too much about camber kits what are they for?
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

They will adjust the alignment when you lower it. the more you lower it, the more out of wack the alignment gets.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

im just gunna cut mine due to my cheapness, but not too much at all.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:im just gunna cut mine due to my cheapness, but not too much at all.
Ok, good luck destroying your MX-3... :cry:
'92 GS
My worklog
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Cutting springs is bad mojo.. One of the problems with cutting them is that its very difficult to cut the second spring exactly the same place you did the first one. So right there you have a difference between the two.. and if you cut all 4.. you have a difference at all 4 corners. A second problem is that you weaken the spring as well.. you are compromising the original design and strength specification of the spring. In short.. its a bad idea. I hope your cheapness only kills you and not someone else if your hack job causes you to lose control of your car at some point.

Tunes67
Last edited by Tunes67 on August 21st, 2007, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I have to agree with these guys. It is dangerous to cut springs, even "not very much at all". I strongly urge you to purchase a set of lowering springs. They don't cost that much to purchase and install. Unless for some sick reason you think a person's life, including your own is worth less than the cost of a set of springs.

Just get a set and save a life.

Jeff

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”