Topmix front lip woes

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Lookwuticando

Topmix front lip woes

Post by Lookwuticando »

So ok, I finally got this thing ordered and against my better judgement and
with the reassurance from the guy I dealt with on it, passed on insurance and -of course- it showed up cracked in 3 places, one break almost putting it in two pieces. Mainly because it was wrapped like S*** (Oh it very strong, plus package very sturdy :roll: ) and it's fiberglass. So after getting a partial refund of $50.00 for the damage, and much labor in repairing it to my satisfaction, I am back to having something "new" again (really for as much work as it was to fix, 50 ain't squat).

And now on to my present dilemma. After fitting it on the car and doing some measuring, and measuring the amount of space between my front end and the concrete of my driveway when leaving and entering, the damn driveway is sloped up too much at an angle for me to put the mother on the car. It'll be smashed *again* no question. And since I rent, there's not much I can do about the driveway...

Too bad the thing can't be on hinges on the car...say, there's an idea...

So now, I guess I'm in the market for a regular stock hard-to-find lip, until
I can get moved somewhere else without this stupid ignorant ramped up driveway I got out here.

Yeah this will probly seem like a chuckle for some of you fools, but I was really looking forward to this Topmix front end, and now I'm simply screwed for the time being...anybody else have similar problems (yeah this kind of luck is hard to top I know)?
92 MX-3 RS
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

any way you can pull in and out at an extreme angle diagonnally?

you got pics of this terrifying driveway? I feel your pain... I have to take everything slow and easy because I don't want to tear up my CF lip :cry:
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Depending on the slope of the driveway, there are ways to get around this. You can set up 2by4 or bigger allong the driveway to kill the slope andstill take at a bit of a angle, if ur talkin about then end of ur driveway kinda beeing highlike and curb then a drop to the raod, put a 2by4 there at the bottom on the road and then a 1by4 and should do the trick,. I have to do this to get in and out of my buddys driveway and to get on a hoist at school.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Depending on the slope of the driveway, there are ways to get around this. You can set up 2by4 or bigger allong the driveway to kill the slope andstill take at a bit of a angle, if ur talkin about then end of ur driveway kinda beeing highlike and curb then a drop to the raod, put a 2by4 there at the bottom on the road and then a 1by4 and should do the trick,. I have to do this to get in and out of my buddys driveway and to get on a hoist at school.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Neil

Post by Neil »

My driveway is really bad, i drive up the kurb since it is on a nicer angle than the drive way is, it looks funny... but it works backing out on the other hand is a hole different story :lol:
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

Yeah wish I could get a pic of mine up here, webcam won't reach that far though :) ...wait a minute here's this long cord here...

Anyways, I'm not sure about pulling the angle trick, this one shows no mercy, it's pretty narrow and got a big grassy hill right off one side and a bunch of rocky crap on the other :x ...so I'm afraid to try it...most the driveways are like this in this neighborhood, musta been the style back in the day when they were layed, by a bunch of rednecks with pick up trucks
and no brains
92 MX-3 RS
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

if you whern't so far id trade you lips.
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

You wanna just sell it to me anyway? I think I'll keep this one and get a regular one for the time being
92 MX-3 RS

Return to “Appearance”