Idling Problems... blah blah blah

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
reegler

Idling Problems... blah blah blah

Post by reegler »

I've done it all but my engine still idles rough (i've adjusted the idle air screw so thats not the issue) but its only when its been running for a few minutes. I replaced my alternator and belts a few days ago, replaced muffler and flex pipe (in between manifold and converter), i just changed my oil and switched to synthetic, i leveled out all of my fluids. Which brings me to my next point. When i was replacing the flex pipe i noticed a lot of oil on the underside of the engine and other various parts surrounding it. I read some other threads that said it could be a bad head gasket or some other gasket. I was thinking maybe i need some more transmission oil but thats my other question. I see a little thimble looking thing on top of my transmission, is that where the oil goes? Thanks in advanced!

much love

- tim
facko

Post by facko »

are u talkin about a manual or auto tranny? im not sure if its the same for a SOHC tranny, but for a 94+ manual u add/check the fluid with tru the lil sensor on the top of the tranny. its towards the back of it kinda underneath the intake (in that general area) there is even a lil diagram on the tranny that shows where ur fluid level should be at. hopefully that helped if not...maybe someone else can make use of that lol
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

To check ur tranny fluid on a 92/93 Sohc Manuel.. You pull out the speedo that goes inside the tranny, I belive there is like a 10mm bolt that u have to remove after untwistin the cable from in the case, then u remove the case thing which the speedo was in with a 10mm socket and it should pop right up, Wiggle it a lil bit to brake it loose. Do not pry.. I broke mine by doin that.

Hope that helps..
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
reegler

Post by reegler »

Where is the speedo on a 93 sohc manual?
reegler

Post by reegler »

i got i, tricky little devil...
facko

Post by facko »

what kind of tranny oil did you go with?
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”