Smoke !?!?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92BlAcKGS

Smoke !?!?

Post by 92BlAcKGS »

Hey, so when i start my MX-3 up in the morning it smokes a whitish color. When it warms up it no longer smokes. But... sometimes the idle will sit just about 1000 RPM (Usually idles at 700) and it rev hunts when i put it in gear. When it does this it smokes a bit, but when i shut the car off and start it again or continue to drive it, idle goes back to normal and no rev hunting and smoke.. Is this a bad sensor or something. It is not using any antifreeze and very, very little oil.

Thanks
1992 Black MX-3 GS
FRD 17's with Yokohama Rubber
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

You drive it to hard. haha

Yeah your Valve stem seals are going, i had that both in my K8 and now my KLZE. Only does it when you first fire it up then it doesn't smoke anymore.

The rev hunting, i don't know what that could be i have the same thing. I start it up in the morning and it idles down to about 1,000RPM and then when i drive it and stop at a light with it in neutral it revs where it should(around 6-700RPM just above that line on the tach :?:) and then when i put it in first it revs up to 1,000RPM. :?

Can someone shed some light on our weird rev hunting?.

Thanks Smith18
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
92BlAcKGS

Post by 92BlAcKGS »

Smith, i could be wrong but mazda designed these cars to raise the revs when in gear.. Mine sometimes idles at 1000( very rarely when in neutral, this is when it smokes) and when in gear it pushes it to 1500, which causes up and down between 1000 to 1500.
1992 Black MX-3 GS
FRD 17's with Yokohama Rubber

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”