rear wiper on a 93 rs?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
reegler

rear wiper on a 93 rs?

Post by reegler »

Hey guys,

I did a search and i couldn't find anything but if you do know of a thread let me know. So i have a 93 RS and i just bought a new hatch for it and i wanted to add a rear wiper cause when it rains i cant see anything. But it seems that you must have a hole in the rear windshield in order to have it work. Can i drill in the glass? Is there a special bit? Any techniques? Can this even be done? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

- tim
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I'm not 100% sure, I'm not able to check my car right now, but I don't think think there's a hole in the window. I believe it's mounted on the hatch itself.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

reegler wrote:Hey guys,
So i have a 93 RS and i just bought a new hatch for it and i wanted to add a rear wiper cause when it rains i cant see anything.

OK so why didn't you buy a GS hatch instead of the RS hatch since you bought a new one? :roll:

anyways here is a thread where somebody was asking this same question:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=59753

hope that helps and good luck!
reegler

Post by reegler »

"new" to me that is. I got a remarkably good shape hatch from a junkyard. But i really want a rear wiper. I dont care about the electronics part of it, all i care is where the wiper arm is mounted.

- tim
reegler

Post by reegler »

If anyone could just tell me whether or not the wiper arm mounts in a whole in the rear winshield or directly onto the hatch, that would be great. Thanks!

- tim
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

It mounts in the glass and the glass in tempered so you can't cut a hole in. will have to locate the glass from a GS or a Canadian RS with the rear wiper.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”