Moving to Calgary, need exhaust and front bumper

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
cptnemo

Moving to Calgary, need exhaust and front bumper

Post by cptnemo »

Hi! I'm putting my mx-3 back on the road after it sat in my garage for over a year.
I'm moving to Calgary for work and need to get a new exhaust system. Could anyone recommend a place to get a decently price performance system installed? I'm going to be using the car for my job so I don't want anything deafening.
I also need a front bumper, does anyone have one for sale or know a wreckers where I could pick one up?
I Hope I get to know the mx community in Calgary!
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I've dealt with Minute muffler on Center Street just south of 16th ave and they did some good work for me. Would recommend them.

Good luck finding a bumper. Those are the first things to get ripped off a car at the wrecker :)
Pick an' Pull down on Glenmore & Barlow and Forest Lawn wreckers have a few MX3s every now and then, but your best bet is to just hit the Yellow pages and start dialing.
cptnemo

Post by cptnemo »

Thanks for the recommendation. I was going to wait until I got to Calgary to fix the exhaust but the noise is driving me crazy so I've got the car booked in at a place called ABC muffler and hitch in Edmonton for tomorrow. They quoted me a price of $499 for a full exhaust with a magnaflow resonator and muffler which seems to be a decent price in Edmonton.

There are two mx-3's in Edmonton pick and pull but the front bumper was gone on one and the other had a big hole in it. I'm going to Karbasher in Edmonton tonight so fingers crossed.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”