Ontario claims power to seize, crush modified cars.

Off-Topic Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Ontario claims power to seize, crush modified cars.

Post by Franko »

Glad I live in newfoundland.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/canadian-pr ... -cars.html

“If we can establish someone has parts and they're juicing up their car — obviously for the purpose of street racing — then we can seize those vehicles,” Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant said. “We will seize it and you will never see it again. We will crush your car, we will crush the parts.”
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

lol ya my parents got the article in the paper today and handed me it.. f--- that they aint crushin my car!! ill make a cop chase outta it :D
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

It only for cars that are found street racing, and as long as that is the case go a head. race on the track a lot safer , I'm no a fan of street racing. Lost a good friend because of it.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

actually no any car that LOOKS modified they are pulling over and checking it all out..if the engine is done up for any racing they WILL assume street racing they can and WILL seize ur car and crush it even if ur not caught in action.. today was the FIRST day they started it and already around this area they pulled 75 cars
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

That sounds like they are assuming you are Guilty before proven innocent. :shock:

In America, you are Innocent until proven guilty.

Nice job, Canada! Way to take away people's rights!

:roll:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:
Here too it usually that, innocent until proven guilty. Don't know why those morons do differently
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Wow so I wonder what all the people with muscle cars and such are going to do.
I think that is really messed up
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

they are doing something similar in California:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

If your caught street racing then I dont see why your car shouldnt be crushed.
But just for souping up your car? Give me a f'n break
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hharb

Post by hharb »

yeah my sis told me about it two days ago and i thought about posting but i had no evidance that it was true... but what confuses me the most is those lines they drew, like "if your car is modified for street racing", how do they define that, what is a car modified for strret racing? and based on what do they assume that it is? i undersatnd if you have nitrus in your car your just f'ed lol, but other than that i honestly cant make up a definition for that, they honestly cant start pulling ppl over and destrying their cars, especially that the right of modifying cars has and still been protected under the law, like WTF, im sooo confused :(
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Does anyone know if they're claiming to have the legal right to steal and crush vehicles from out-of-provincers? If I drive from Montreal to visit my brother in Waterloo, can they legally steal my car and crush it?

I'm seriously at a loss for words. I thought all people, whether you work for the government or not, were seen as equal in the eyes of the law??

How the hell is it legal for a cop to steal my car, infringing on my private property rights, when I have committed no crime, and yet it is illegal for me to steal a cop's car?

Aren't we all equal, with equal rights? Or is that too ol'skool? :twisted:
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
hharb

Post by hharb »

okay, so i've been workin my butt off trying to find the actual legislation and ive had no luck locating it, if anybody could find the actual legislation so we can actually understand whether our cars comply with the law or not and act accordingly.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I would get a patition and fight this law
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Unfortunately.. this hasnt been true since the 60's. And its only getting worse. Cops will ALWAYS assume you have done something wrong its their job to figure out what and find a way to penalize you for it (whatever IT maybe) I wont go further off topic to prove the point.. but anyone in the US can be arrested instantly on the word of anyone for any given offense. Sometimes even from anonymous tips.

As for the Ontario law.. Time to take the stickers off your windows and the huge wings off the back.. look on the bright side.. its kinda like a "Anti-Rice" bill :lol: More people will be building sleepers and someone will likely invent a muffler that quiets AND increases power ;) and it wont be huge like the ones that are so easy to spot on most imports today ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hharb

Post by hharb »

hey i tried to quiet down my car by installing a twin loop, it almost made it worse lol.

Return to “Off-Topic”