Getting my mx3s engine running smoooth!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
V6Gav

Getting my mx3s engine running smoooth!

Post by V6Gav »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just bought a K reg v6 mx3 for £125, it faild its MOT on front brake calipers and since then its been sitting for 6 months, bought it off the guy and it didnt start so went and bought new spark plugs and dizzy cap and rotor, started 1st turn of the key. Problem is that when u rev it, after u take your foot off the pedal the engine revs drop down and either stalls or nearly stalls. The previous owner had no problems with the engine and it ran with no smoke and had plenty of power when he drove it 2 where it is now. But because the enigne hasnt ran for 6 months there is now alot of smoke coming from the exaust. Goin 2 give the enigne a oil change and change all the filters, anything else i could do if this doesnt solve the problems?

Also theres alot of oil on top of plug number 1, looks like the rocker gasket is made of orange instant gasket so i hope thats the problem there
£125 V6, be on the road sooooooooon!
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

hey i duno if this will help or not but one time my car would die when i tryed startign it ..i would revit then it would jsut stall out..my intake seperated up by the throtal body and was letting in tons of air which stalled it out..check intake maybe ?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”