vj14 Turbo Install Question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

vj14 Turbo Install Question

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

So I have Decided to Turbo Again ! Just Wandering What the most reliable Setup would be ?? I will be running 323 mani vj-14 Turbo (190cfm) 230cc Injectors, SAFC 2, adjestable 12:1 FMU, Walbro 190l Fuel Pump, RFL BOV (recurculated), Mr2 Intercooler, 2.5 inch intercooler tubing, 2.5 full exhaust, 8.5mm wires platinum 2 plugs, new disty, and boost/temp/oil gauges. Ive noticed alot of people have blown seals on the vj-14/vj-11 turbos, im wandering why this is ? also happend to me. Is the oil pressure to High ?? Anyone have a simlar setup with no problems ? Thanks
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
facko

Post by facko »

i just assume that since the turbo's are older and used that the seals get weak..specially if the turbo has been off of a running car. i had the same problem with blowing the seals in my vj11...but i bought a new one...and now im going BP so...who knows what imma do with these turbos lol
mazda20

Not Me

Post by mazda20 »

I had my turbo rebuilt before the install and it works great. If I can just keep it tuned right...
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website

Return to “Forced Induction”