Cambridge local's :D

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
OutlaW

Cambridge local's :D

Post by OutlaW »

Hello gang
I have been "talking" to some user's here, in order to get an idea of what is living in Canada.
I am thinking about moving there soon.
Just one thing... should i get a MX3 once i get there, or can i get an 93up RX-7 and have the car of my dreams ?
I mean, are mx3 really really cheap and good for 1st car there... or the rx7 are cheap too and i can acomplish my dream ?

hope someone answer's me ... cheers
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Well im not from Cambridge so i cant offer much info but it might allmost be worth having your car shipped over.

a rx7 is going to cost alot no matter where you live, but granted you get a good job, it might be easier for you to afford it over here.

- Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

you can get JDM imported FD for like 10k now I think, but regardless their not a low maintenance car. You can get Mx-3's for farily cheap, there's 2 ZE'd Mx-3 for sale locally at the moment anyway, John's, Duncan's and J-Beef's are all for sale I believe.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:there's 2 ZE'd Mx-3 for sale locally at the moment anyway, John's, Duncan's and J-Beef's are all for sale I believe.
nice math ;)
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

ya rx's are definately not low maintenance, and many mechanics won't touch them cuz they're rotary (even if it's nothing to do w/ the engine) so u'll havta do ALL of the work on it pretty much.

mx's are available faily easily and cheaply. if you're looking at cambridge, it's not too far from toronto, so you can easily get access to JDM importers for ZEs and other aftermarket goodies.

you should look into having u'rs imported tho. is it RHD or LHD? if it's Right, then there's a point in it's favour right there
Sal

Post by Sal »

yup, they are not low maintenance also dont forget we have winter in canada snow, salt and u dont want to be driving the rx during that time its stupid and i'll kill u for it....lol :P so yeah ur gonna need a winter beater. go with the mx there not expensive and u can drive them in any season.
Matt

Post by Matt »

im close to cambridge lemme tell you mx3 all the way there is about 10 of us around here with them and the wreckers all have a shitload lol cambridge has 15 i think and guelph has 4 right now more to come lol..
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Matt wrote:im close to cambridge lemme tell you mx3 all the way there is about 10 of us around here with them and the wreckers all have a shitload lol cambridge has 15 i think and guelph has 4 right now more to come lol..
15 mx's in cambridge..haha more like 2 me and Tom. well at least that are members here!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

I plan to get information from the Canadian Embassy here in Portugal in order to find out the necessary paperwork and values for my travel there.
I want to ask here, because maybe on the embassy they wont know this:
How much would it cost me to get my Mx3 shiiped there ? and to stay legal, what would it take ??

thanks
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

help me out gang ... :roll:
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i don't know if any of us have been through anything like that.

some people import from the states, but other than that they let the japanese importers do the paperwork
Xearo

Post by Xearo »

considering how cheap an mx3 is i'm going to assume that you'd be better off selling yours and buying a new one once here....unless you want 2 cars, i'd deffinatly go with the mx3 over the rx7......might be hard to find a decent mx over here tho if you don't like rust....i crashed my 'mint' mx and havn't been able to find anythnig close in condition to replace it :(, so i'm going to rebuild the front end...just a couple things for ya to toss around :P
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

[quote="OutlaW"]How much would it cost me to get my Mx3 shiped there ? and to stay legal, what would it take ??
quote]

Sorry, we would be wrong people to ask. Honestly, I e-mailed a few companies about a quote for getting a car shipped to Europe, just wishful thinking, going to Germany, drive on the Autobahn and the Nuernberg ring, never got any answers back, maybe cause it wasn't a serious inquiry, i don't know.

As for making it legal, I dont know. Being an imported vehicle, you may not. Importing Japanese vehicles is farily common; anything 15 years and older (their apparently trying to change it to 25 years this year), but with that rule, if your Mx-3's 15 years or older, you could, but since you have a '97 (they we're disco'd in 96 here), that may be different. You may need to add the rebars and the daytime runing lights, but that's probably a more likely *best* case sceneario. I dont think any of us would know or even know where to find the information on importing a European car, and less than 15 years old...

If you want, you could get an imported JDM Mx-3, those are available to buy, for now
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DimaK

Post by DimaK »

i'm from kitchener, which is a 10 minute drive to cmabridge, and if you can get a cheap precidia there do it, cuz these cars are not cheap
1993 PGT ZE will always be remembered and missed
1994 PGT shiny again

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”