Custom Turbo group-buy possibility

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
-=MagMan=-

Custom Turbo group-buy possibility

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Hey there everyone. I've been talking to one of my engineering buddies by the name of Richard Chan, and he's currently seeking a new market base to promote his new turbine design for turbo-intercooler kits. His past projects include the following vehicles:<P>- Mazda 323 Turbo (Upgraded)<BR>- Mazda RX-7 (gen 3) Twin Turbo'ed<BR>- Acura Integra Type-R Turbo Intercooled<BR>- Volkswagon GTI VR6 Twin Turbo'ed<BR>- Multiple Buick GrandNational's<P>He would be willing to do a group-buy for MX-West and any members' MX-3, and custom-design each turbo kit per each member's needs. The difference in his kit is rapid power gain, with minimal time lag off the line.<P>If we can get enough of you folks to sign up for one, Richard can then give us an estimate on what kind of discount he can give for the club.
Edison Wrzosek<BR>Webmaster<BR>MX-West Car Club<BR>http://mxwest.tripod.com/
heattreated

Re: Custom Turbo group-buy possibility

Post by heattreated »

Need price range before thinking about it too much... but sounds cool
to all civics "want to race?"
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

Sounds very interesting. I have been looking for places that custom turbo kits so this is really great. Keep us informed.
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Can you get us some numbers on how much hp gain and cost from Richard Chan for a basic kit to a balls to the wall kit.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved to for sale/trade forum.<P>Please put things for sale, group buys (until official), and things for trade in this forum.
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

I'd be willing to see what he can do... what about fitting this to the 2.5L?
Swego

Post by Swego »

New turbine design? Is there a web page where we can see what the design looks like?
rikymaru

Post by rikymaru »

Hey Mag Man, <P>I dont know if your friend Richard knows this but check out one of his past jobs.<P>Mazda 323 Turbo (Upgraded)<P>The 323 Turbos are DIRECT bolt ons to the MX3's. But you said he's using a new turbo system? Is he just custom fitting T4's/T25's (ewww)/ T3/4 turboes to the cars or is it a brand new Turbo system?<P>THe reason I ask is because there hasn't been a new turbo application in years since the T3/T4 Hybrid....which Greddy made popular back in 96.
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I'd like to see pictures of his work at the bare minimum before I even considered it. And a prototype. But even that does not guarantee product quality, ala TKT. <P>If he wants any information or pictures of turbo systems on K series motors, tell him to personally contact me @ turbodave@autospeed.com .
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -=MagMan=-:<BR><STRONG>The difference in his kit is rapid power gain, with minimal time lag off the line.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><I>If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is</I><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 04-9491122" TARGET=_blank>Turbo knowledge</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
rikymaru

Post by rikymaru »

Im with Dave.<P>High boost power with a minimal lag? That can somewhat work on a sequential turbo and that requires TWO, not just one. <P>I really dont know of a way to make a single turbo have insane power with minimal lag.<P>Well...getting a weaker BOV that would cause insane boost leak. But the power gain would be for 2 seconds, your car would then have the power of a Honda Insight, and it would finally end with your turbo wanting to keep spinning to make up for the leak which makes it go BOOM!
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”