cai problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
golhap27
BANNED Member

cai problem

Post by golhap27 »

I've read the how to on cai and I think i did everything but still having a problem.

Problem: turn the car on the engine light goes on and the engine sounds like its cutting and when i give it gas the engine dies out. also i can hear the intake sucking in a lot of air. its pretty loud.

i bought an intake for a 90-93 integra cut it so it fits just right. I left the bottom part of the box to the device that the tubes connnect into can be in their normal place like the how to says. Right now i just have a filter attached to the stock intake.
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

check to make sure you plugged in the vaf.. also make sure there are no leaks between the rubber and the piping..
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

did you put the MAF in the middle of the 2 peices ...also a guy told me when you first start it up you gtta let it stall out b4 you rev it or youll f--- it the maf but it didnt happen to me so i duno if thats right ...
make sure you dont have leaks..and did you plug boththe nipples on the intake ?
golhap27
BANNED Member

Post by golhap27 »

The maf or vaf is the wire plugin that goes into the intake right? if so then yes.
Well i started it and the check engine light comes on and the intake just starts either blowing or sucking air probably sucking and its really loud and it doesnt stop
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Thats weird, I didnt have to do any of those procedures.. check for leaks and check the VAF sensorm its that black cone shaped thing.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
golhap27
BANNED Member

Post by golhap27 »

dont know if i've seen that wheres it located?
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

probably left the vent tube off that connects the front and rear vlave covers.
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

is the VAF in backwards, I've seen weirder thing happen. Because everyone has that day at one point or another
golhap27
BANNED Member

Post by golhap27 »

I know what i did wrong and i think dali said it.. im just going to leave it how it is with an air filter attached to the stock intake... I dont know how i would get it to fit with the vent tube in it also
golhap27
BANNED Member

Post by golhap27 »

Anyone know what size of the coupler you need to fit the intake pipe to the vent tube?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”