Interested in buying a MX-3..

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Paradox MX-3

Interested in buying a MX-3..

Post by Paradox MX-3 »

Hi, I'm interested in buying an MX-3, however I know little of the mods for the car. The car I am looking at is a 92 MX-3 4 cylinder 1.8l. Its virtually stock. My question, what mods can I do to make it a 12-13 second 1/4 drag car, will it be worth the trouble getting the 4 cylinder or should I look for a gs? Any advice on the best most reliable way to achieve my goal of a 12-13 second MX-3 will be greatly appreciated..
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yup BPT , however I would ask in the 4 cyl section.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

get a 4 banger and put an fe3 in
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I agree with Justin.. FE3 engines are impressive and very strong. However.. they wont be easy to transplant. So you will need to have some fab skills to make it all work right. Also.. if that 92 you are looking at is stock.. it will be 1.6L not 1.8 ;)

Either platform (4 or 6 cyl) can be built into a 12-13 second car. I would start with a V6 car if I was going to really build for racing.. its got better suspension and a tighter ratio steering gear box. But I think I would probably stuff a FE3 into it or build a BPT engine.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Dude, MX3s can be made fast as cheap and quickly as Hondas. Just wanted to let you know cuz alot of people seem to think that Hondas are the cheapest and best route.

Dont get me wrong, they have aftermarket support... and lots of it.

But a KLZE (V6 MX3s) or a BPT (4cyl MX3s) are faster and cheaper then your average built B18 and at about the same price as the B16s I believe?

Anyway, a BPT engine swap on a 4cyl Mx3 is a easy as cake... its a bolt on swap. As a matter of fact, its too easy.

A KLZE swap on a V6 MX3, easy as pie aswell. Youll love the torque and the sound of the V6. Ricer boys will be like, "hey what type of exhaust you have?"
They always assume you have a 4 banger. Man everyone assumes MX3s are 4 bangers :lol:
Gotta love the sound of the V6

MX3 FTW
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”